What's new

BOV hose question

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Since Ive fitted a FMIC Ive been thinking of a way to get a decent hose setup with the standard BOV.

My problem is the 32mm hose that comes from the charged side of the intake to the BOV itself.

Ive been running pigeon for a while now with the intention of putting the BOV back, so I got myself some 32mm samco super flex to do the job.

Problem I have is that even this is going to kink slightly.

Wondered what effect reducing the bore of this pipe could be?

Also interested in how others have plumbed their standard BOV in after a FMIC has been fitted or am I best of going for an after market BOV and just get rid of the standard BOV?

Thanks,
Darren

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
kinking isn't good because... well that should be obvious, but the affect is that the more kinked it is the less of a blow off valve it is and the more of a pigeon? (i think that's what you guys call blocking it off??) it becomes, which starts to negate the act of reinstalling a BOV in the first place hehe

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
When I say kinked it's not totally folded because it's the superflex which has the metal rings in it.

It's got to do Something like 2 270 degree turns to fit which it does not like.

Reaction score
May be a bit dodgy but you can put a squeeze clamp on the kink to allow the air to pass a bit easier or maybe use a ziptie on the kink.