What's new

HELP my drift wheels dont seem to fit rite?

Curryzz

Reaction score
hello people,iv just brought a set of standard s14 wheels to put on the rear to get a bit of drifting on the go, they seem to go on fine and it drove ok but on the motorway and every now an then it will woble slightly when on the power, i have fitted them using my works lightwieght wheel nuts so wondering if i need to use standard wheel nuts or something, other than that bit confused as to why its handling a bit odd, doesnt feel all that safe so parked her up and thought id ask:annoyed:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Are they definatly not buckled on the inside of the rim? Jack the back of the car up by the diff and get someone to spin them by hand while u look at the inside of the rims checking for buckles. I ran around on a set of s14 wheels a year or so back with lightweight nuts and no problems at all.

Curryzz

Reaction score
Thanks il try that tomoro and c if i can c anything, I think that's about the only thing it could be:(

sx-si

Reaction score
i always jack it up and put it into second then it spins its self ;)

i dont suppose its somthing silly like going from low profile tyres orver to big balloon ones?

or that your hitting the tracks in lane1?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
NP dude. If their not buckled it may be worth geting them re-ballanced too.

Are you running them on spacers? Because cheap spacers can cause wheel wobble.

Curryzz

Reaction score
Nah, I'm not running anyspacers, yeah il get them balenced at work and check there not buckled, I did have 235 40 18s on so it could be that iv gone to a crapy tyre, what psi should I have the standards at? :thumbs:

Curryzz

Reaction score
Ok that's kinda good news iv already ordered some with Nissan
and iv just finished puting my 18s back so il give my drift wheels a try with the oem nuts! Thanks