What's new

Questions Regarding R32 Diff Swap

Reaction score
Okay, I am slowly doing an RB26 swap into an S15. I have some questions for others that may have done a similar setup. I am currently looking at upgrading the diff to an R32 unit somplete with axles and brakes. I want to keep my ABS setup and at the same time I want to keep my speedo working. I know the front half I had had an ABS setup in it so I am wondering how the rear brake ABS setup is gonna be working. Aside from that and the bigger problem, my speedo cluster in the instrument panel. Seeing that the R32 diff is not going to have the speedo sensor for the dash how am I gonna get the thing working? Am I gonna have to get a speed convertor and use the RB box to get the signal and convert it for the S15 cluster? Can someone that may have done these two things with their swap enlighten me or someone like John Bennett or the likes help me out?

sx-si

Reaction score
i was doing a r32gtr rear end on a ps13 and i have a brand new 2way for r32gtr fitted into a s13 casing (currently for sale) so i cant see why it wouldnt fit into a s15 casing and so you can keep your speed sencor

i was using the 1/2 shafts and r32gtr rear hubs but i ground down the hub to fit into a s13 subframe and knuckle setup while using a z32 break and handbreak setup
where does the abs sencor go on the s15?
if its in the knuckle then run the r32 gtr setup like ive down with the z32 break setup should solvle it

as for the cluster problem you might be able to find a converter so you can use the 6cyl engine on a 4 cyl cluster or you would have to use after market gauges or the gtr cluster and looms

hope thats some help

Reaction score
Well if I can fit the R32 diff and axle setup in the S15 housing that would work fine. The S15 pull the speed from the ABS sensor on the tailshaft of the diff, which in turns sends the signal to the ABS unit in the back flooring and from there it is forward to the speedo cluster I think. I don't think it has the ABS in the knuckle.

sx-si

Reaction score
yeah that sounds right to me
i think the speedo cluster would be your main problem but ive been told that thor racing have a converter for 6cyl to 4cyl

Reaction score
Yeah but does anyone know if the GTR pumpkin can physically fit in there and if the ABS sensor in the tailshaft would be a problem?

sx-si

Reaction score
cant see it being much of a issue seing as it fits into a s13 casing and most people here have some sort of 2way in there s15

dont you have any decent nissan tunners over there?

Reaction score
Well hopefully will find out today, gonna open them up and try and swap them but I have never done so and getting someone local to do it proper is few and far betweenif you get my drift.

sx-si

Reaction score
yeah i had my diff custom built into a s13 casing for me (shame as if it was s15 casing ai would of swaped plus a lil cash my way)

anyway goiod luck and keep us updated