What's new

Book time and cost advice?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Finally sorted my new clutch and fly. Last time I fitted myself but now I've lost the use of the garage and don't fancy a skateboard in the street!!

Has anyone got the book hrs for the job and know what costs I should expect?
1. Replace Clutch and flywheel
2. Possible rear main oil seal while the box is out.

Parts supplied for clutch change:
· clutch
· flywheel
· release bearing
· pilot bearing
· Replacement OEM 6spd gearbox
· 2L gearbox oil

Optional parts if required:
· OEM Rear main engine oil seal
· OEM engine oil filter
· 4L engine oil

:thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I got my clutch changed at WGT in Middlewhich. But still used same original dual-mass flywheel.

They spent about 2.5 hours doing the job and along with a Exedy single plate organic clutch the total bill came to around £520 :)

Reaction score
Country
Ouch!! is that really the cost just to change the clutch ? Fortunately for me ive never in my whole life had to pay a garage for anything other than MOT's and the remap on my S15.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
apt and h-dev both charge around the 200-00 mark labour wise to remove and refit the box.

Reaction score
Help needed ASAP

:thumbs:narrowed it down. Its 280 which includes flywheel plus rear main oil seal which I thought may as well be done while its in view.

HELP!!
Have booked it in now for next week. Don't think my clutch and flywheel kit came with clutch cover bolts or flywheel bolts and the garage have rightly told me they would like to replace them......

Where can I get them ASAP??

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ouch!! is that really the cost just to change the clutch ? Fortunately for me ive never in my whole life had to pay a garage for anything other than MOT's and the remap on my S15.
That includes the cost of the clutch!!

I would do it myself but I don't have a ramp and trying to drop the box when the car is on axle stands is plain silly... I don't have hours of my life to spend on the car - family and kids still come first lol :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Yeah i know the feeling when it comes down to time. I just didnt realise changing a clutch costs so much these days. With 2 ppl and a ramp id have thought it take a couple of hours max.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah took about 2.5 hours but then again I've not done the job myself ever so not sure how long to expect really :wack:

But at least the guys know what their doing at WGT. They're not the cheapest but having done a couple of custom jobs now, must say their work is top stuff. And best bit is that they're happy for me to roam about their workshop and ask questions, look at what their doing whilst they're doing it.

Might as well if I have to wait 6 hours - like the last time I was there!!! :rolleyes: