What's new

Brakes

S

S15Kenpachi

I am thinking about uprating my rear brake discs and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which to get.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I'm told the z32 rear brake conversion is a good setup. Basically its the rear brakes from a R33 GTR (I'm sure someone on here will know exactly what you need). You just need to source it all 2nd hand, think it can be all had for around £150-200

I think I'll be going down that route at some point.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
If you got something to match up front.....

z32 is kind of similiar to skyline brembo but a big difference in price.
skyline brembo if you got the money or want all the performance you can get.
z32 is bang for bucks.
I've seen caliper spacer kits with bigger rotors but that's rarely an ideal solution.
Then of course the good ol' new pads/fluid/lines/rotors upgrade :)

S

S15Kenpachi

I am still running standard up front just my rear brake disks and pads need replacing soon so i thought i might aswell upgrade them while i am at it.

Thanks for all the suggestions aswell guys i will have a look into it :)

Reaction score
Country
I'm told the z32 rear brake conversion is a good setup. Basically its the rear brakes from a R33 GTR (I'm sure someone on here will know exactly what you need). You just need to source it all 2nd hand, think it can be all had for around £150-200​

I think I'll be going down that route at some point.​
The Z32 rear setup uses the rear brake setup from a Z32 (300XZ). Id reccomend using the R33 rear setup though as i believe it will fit easier.

Im about to change to a complete R33 GTR Brembo front and rear setup soon so ill have a complete K-Sport 8 pot + 330 rotors front setup for sale. Managed to get the Brembos for a good price and couldnt afford to match up my rears with the K-Sports so thought id do a complete swap and recover some cash.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
z32 and r33gts25t are the same rear brakes, the only difference is you need the r33 handbrake cables

subzero

Reaction score
ive a z32 rear setup - nearly sure slammedmind confirmed this for me as well ....

so its rear 300z brake pads i need when changing them ?

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
well if you've got 300zx rear brakes then yes, you'll need 300zx rear pads (same as r33 pads anyways) :)