What's new

Ultimate wheel fitting guide

Reaction score
Country
Hello,

I am buying Work - JDM Concept GT5 3P wheels and really need some advice with the offset.

So my setup is:

MCA Street Performance coilovers
Fully adjustable Hardrace arm front and rear setup
Factory S15 brake calipers
Standard s15 wheels
Guards aren't rolled currently but will roll both front and rear

Wanting to run:

Front 18x8.5 (A Disk - standard rim)
Rear 18x 9.5 (O Disk - deep rim)

Low profile wheels - open for suggestion on sizing :)

Just need some advice on clearances so I can choose the right size. Which rim depth would be perfect, do you think?

Even though I can adjust the camber, I daily drive my car, so munching through tyres wouldn't be preferable

** there is a pdf chart available to download at: JDM Concept - Work JDM Concept GT5 3P [Set] **

Your help is very much appreciated!

Cheers
They are gorgeous!

Reaction score
Country
Hello,

I am buying Work - JDM Concept GT5 3P wheels and really need some advice with the offset.

So my setup is:

MCA Street Performance coilovers
Fully adjustable Hardrace arm front and rear setup
Factory S15 brake calipers
Standard s15 wheels
Guards aren't rolled currently but will roll both front and rear

Wanting to run:

Front 18x8.5 (A Disk - standard rim)
Rear 18x 9.5 (O Disk - deep rim)

Low profile wheels - open for suggestion on sizing :)

Just need some advice on clearances so I can choose the right size. Which rim depth would be perfect, do you think?

Even though I can adjust the camber, I daily drive my car, so munching through tyres wouldn't be preferable

** there is a pdf chart available to download at: JDM Concept - Work JDM Concept GT5 3P [Set] **

Your help is very much appreciated!

Cheers
Awesome wheels, wish I could afford a set

I would personally go for:

Front: 18x8.5 ET18 (A Disk)
Rear: 18x9.5 ET25 (O Disk)

You would need rolled arches and a small amount of camber to run that but it would look pretty sick.

If you want to play it safe and just have rolled arches with minimal to no camber, go for:

Front: 18x8.5 ET31 (A Disk)
Rear: 18x9.5 ET38 (O Disk)

That’s the same specs as I had (albeit in 17”) when I had a set of Gram Lights.

Hope that helps

Reaction score
Country
Awesome wheels, wish I could afford a set

I would personally go for:

You would need rolled arches and a small amount of camber to run that but it would look pretty sick.

If you want to play it safe and just have rolled arches with minimal to no camber, go for:

Front: 18x8.5 ET31 (A Disk)
Rear: 18x9.5 ET38 (O Disk)

That’s the same specs as I had (albeit in 17”) when I had a set of Gram Lights.

Hope that helps
Thank you so much Saxon! Really appreciate the advice :) I've been saving so hard for these and now I have to wait another 4 months for them to arrive lol.

So do you think that:

Front: 18x8.5 ET5 (60mm dish) (A Disk)
Rear: 18x9.5 ET13 (85mm dish) (O Disk)

Will be unrealistic to run safely? I think they look really nice in that size

Cheers :)

Reaction score
Country
Thank you so much Saxon! Really appreciate the advice :) I've been saving so hard for these and now I have to wait another 4 months for them to arrive lol.

So do you think that:

Front: 18x8.5 ET5 (60mm dish) (A Disk)
Rear: 18x9.5 ET13 (85mm dish) (O Disk)

Will be unrealistic to run safely? I think they look really nice in that size

Cheers :)
No problem, that’s what the forum is for ;)

You could run those offsets but you would need a fair bit of camber to actually fit them under the arches (unless you did some serious arch flaring which always looks rubbish in my opinion).

To give you some perspective, I have 17x9 ET22 (front) and 17x9 ET19 (rear) and with no camber they both stick out by a good 10-15mm so I have an ever so slight amount of camber (maybe on about 1 degree) so that they fit nicely.

^ The front is about an inch lower since that last photo was taken but it should give you an idea of how much they stick out!

willtheyfit.com is a great site for working out how a wheel will fit when you start playing with widths and offsets

Reaction score
Country
No problem, that’s what the forum is for ;)

You could run those offsets but you would need a fair bit of camber to actually fit them under the arches (unless you did some serious arch flaring which always looks rubbish in my opinion).

To give you some perspective, I have 17x9 ET22 (front) and 17x9 ET19 (rear) and with no camber they both stick out by a good 10-15mm so I have an ever so slight amount of camber (maybe on about 1 degree) so that they fit nicely.

^ The front is about an inch lower since that last photo was taken but it should give you an idea of how much they stick out!

willtheyfit.com is a great site for working out how a wheel will fit when you start playing with widths and offsets
Thanks man! Your advice is great and you've really helped me with making my decision!

Your car looks amazing - good photography as well (love that one with the reflection in the water!)

I think it's best go for what you suggested

Looking forward to receiving these wheels :)

Thanks again for your help Saxon

Reaction score
Country
Thanks man! Your advice is great and you've really helped me with making my decision!

Your car looks amazing - good photography as well (love that one with the reflection in the water!)

I think it's best go for what you suggested

Looking forward to receiving these wheels :)

Thanks again for your help Saxon
No problem at all, glad I could help :)

Ah thanks man, it’s fun to play around with the camera sometimes!

Yeah I bet, I saw them when they were released and as much as I’d like a set they’re a bit out of my price range! They’ll look amazing on the S15 though - what colour car have you got?

Reaction score
Country
No problem at all, glad I could help :)

Ah thanks man, it’s fun to play around with the camera sometimes!

Yeah I bet, I saw them when they were released and as much as I’d like a set they’re a bit out of my price range! They’ll look amazing on the S15 though - what colour car have you got?
:)

Yes it is! When you have a nice car to take photos of lol! Mine still needs a bit of exterior updating. In terms of paint and condition, it's definitely 9.5/10 however, I'm still running the ADM front bar and wing. Got the GT wing in my house, just waiting until the shop reopens next year to get the boot/spoiler/rear pods installed and resprayed. Also doing the keyhole delete on the boot lid.

Agreed! They're definitely out of my price range too, but I really sacrificed a lot of things to allow this to work. I'll be going for the GMB Bronze center disk, gloss black lip & black rivets on a pearlescent white Spec R.

If you want to check out my car, have a look on instagram :) xgiiuseppe

Thanks again for your help bro! :)

Reaction score
Country
:)

Yes it is! When you have a nice car to take photos of lol! Mine still needs a bit of exterior updating. In terms of paint and condition, it's definitely 9.5/10 however, I'm still running the ADM front bar and wing. Got the GT wing in my house, just waiting until the shop reopens next year to get the boot/spoiler/rear pods installed and resprayed. Also doing the keyhole delete on the boot lid.

Agreed! They're definitely out of my price range too, but I really sacrificed a lot of things to allow this to work. I'll be going for the GMB Bronze center disk, gloss black lip & black rivets on a pearlescent white Spec R.

If you want to check out my car, have a look on instagram :) xgiiuseppe

Thanks again for your help bro! :)
Daamn that’s going to look so nice man