What's new

Ultimate wheel fitting guide

Reaction score
Country
Ansch,

Use 40 profile at the rear because the rear will be lower than the front. Not exactly lower but if you see your first pic, the front fender is higher than the rear fender if you see it horizontally thus making the front "look" higher if you lower it. So you'll need 45 profile to fill up. Keep running 255/40 at the rear. More grip :p

A

Ansch

No, I am on standard suspension at the moment but it does seem to be lower than yours gunner. Mine's probably old saggy springs :D

The 255/40 on the rear at the moment scrubs the guards. So if I run that I will need to roll the guards. I think I may go for 245/40 for the rear and 225/45 for the front. Like a little bit more of a stretched look rather than baggy tyres.

thanks guys... we should start a S15P1 club :)

G

gunner93

What do you guys think of the exposed center of the P1s... the front always has a lil white dash of paint on it. I used a black spray paint over it. The rears looks crappy especially with the rusty nuts... but then again its kinda rugged look isnt it? Most S15 has the lil white dash of paint. Even with Kazama's S15 here...

Last edited:
A

Ansch

lol yes! I have the same white dot as Kazama! personally I like exposed hub centres. Depend on the rims I guess but with the P1's :nod:

I actually quite like how you painted yours matt black.. might do that to mine. Seen some cars paint them silver..

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Why is the white dot there, anyone know?

Wheels are looking good guys :thumbs:

Whats clearance like on the inside of your 9j ET37? Could it go back into the arch more if needed?

M

mitch

I've got 18X8.5 ET25 Front and 18X9.5 ET35 rear Ultralite Nurburgrings, which all fit flush though the fronts have a 5mm spacer. I have 4 rears so tried to fit them all round, but I reckon I'd need something like 20mm spacers to get them to fit past the front coilovers, then I'd have to fit my wide arches to accomodate them.

Does anyone know of any 17X9's that look similar, so I can possibly fit them to the front and use the 18's as rears?

Cheers to Victoria Russell for the pic.

Last edited:
A

Ansch

Why is the white dot there, anyone know?

Wheels are looking good guys :thumbs:

Whats clearance like on the inside of your 9j ET37? Could it go back into the arch more if needed?
Plenty of room still between the wheel and the rear suspension with the 17x9 +37. Although if I wish to run 255 tyres I would need to roll the guards. It's stock suspension though. I was told that the teins are designed to move away from the wheels even more, not sure about other coilovers.

Should also note that my rear alignment is on -2deg camber at the moment. Bit too much for the street and I'm looking at some rear camber arms to fix that. Which means the wheel will go even closer to the guards.

Last edited:
G

gunner93

Plenty of room still between the wheel and the rear suspension with the 17x9 +37. Although if I wish to run 255 tyres I would need to roll the guards. It's stock suspension though. I was told that the teins are designed to move away from the wheels even more, not sure about other coilovers.

Should also note that my rear alignment is on -2deg camber at the moment. Bit too much for the street and I'm looking at some rear camber arms to fix that. Which means the wheel will go even closer to the guards.
Agree! :nod:

If I'm not mistaken stock setting on rears are -1.0 to -1.5 camber. Can the rear cambers be adjusted as it is? :confused:

A

Ansch

No, camber can't be adjusted with factory suspension arms. With those settings, the lower your car is, the more -ve camber you get. My car seems quite low for stock suspension and the only thing I have at the rears are pineapples. Which I've read somewhere that it may (some say it won't) lower the car when you compress the subframe bushes.

N

neosilvia

Enkei RPF1
Front 18x8.5 +30 tires Hankook Z214 245/35
Rear 18x9.5 +38 tires Hankook Z214 275/35 (requires rolling rear fenders just slightly)

Reaction score
Country
Im looking at getting the following wheels for the Silvia when i get one...

http://www.perfectrun.com.au/performance parts/wheel/WorkEmotionXD9.htm

In the Matt Titan bronze. Sizes would be

2 x 18" 8.0J +28 (Fronts)
2 x 18" 9.0J +38 (Rears)

Im guessing that would be pretty much spot on size wise withought any rubbing while still looking very flushed ?

Also does anyone where else i might be able to get these alloys, not sure if these are priced well ? :confused:

A

always_sideways

This was probably answered somewhere in this thread but i couldn't see it,

I was hoping to fit 9.5 Rota Gtr's all round on a S15,

I know it would be grand on the back, with a 22 offset i think?
but what would i need on the front, standard arches by the way.

Reaction score
Country
9.5's on the front will definitely foul on the arches withut some kind of wide fenders.

9.5 with +22 offset will also foul the rear arches unless you have some wild negative camber. On the rear i think you want about +35 to clear the strut and arches.

B

b17duf

Hi all,

Struggling to get a difinate answer on this so hopefully you guys can help.

Currently have 18 x 8" et 38 Ultralite twins (225/40 tyres) on my car, fit pretty well. The problem i have is that i want to fit some new 350z brembo brakes to my car and they look like they will hit the back of the spokes. i think a 10mm spacer will give me the clearence i need but this will make the wheel et28 (i think) will this make the wheels stick out past the arch?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

B17DUF

p.s running factory Nismo suspension.

B

b17duf

Camber and 215s Should give u plenty of clearance
Tyres are nearly brand new so didnt really plan on changing them! Also not sure how i'd adjust camber without pillowball top mounts, could get some camber bolts?

B17DUF

Reaction score
Hi all,

Struggling to get a difinate answer on this so hopefully you guys can help.

Currently have 18 x 8" et 38 Ultralite twins (225/40 tyres) on my car, fit pretty well. The problem i have is that i want to fit some new 350z brembo brakes to my car and they look like they will hit the back of the spokes. i think a 10mm spacer will give me the clearence i need but this will make the wheel et28 (i think) will this make the wheels stick out past the arch?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

B17DUF

p.s running factory Nismo suspension.
I run 350Z brakes on my S15.

I have been through a few sets of wheels on the front so I will let you know what clears the calipers.

Volk TE37 17x7.5 +30 (about a 3-5mm clearance to the caliper)
Volk GT-C 19x8.5 +27 (I run about -3.5 camber to get these under the guards, not to fit the rims, but thats because I run a track alignment all the time)
Super Advan 17x8 +35 (the tri spoke ones, huge amounts of room, so much that I reckon theres enough room to fit another caliper in there)
AMG Techart 17x7.5 +35 (needed a 3mm spacer to only just clear the caliper)