What's new

Ultimate wheel fitting guide

J

just_laze

Hello,

I am considering 18x8.5 on the front, 18x9.5 on the rear - will they fit?

I won't mention what wheel, as I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise photos to follow!

laze :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hello,

I am considering 18x8.5 on the front, 18x9.5 on the rear - will they fit?

I won't mention what wheel, as I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise photos to follow!

laze :)
I have 18x8.5 in the front with offset +30. It fits, but they stick out very slightly. You might need a lower offset if you're running or planning to run coilovers. I have a "stock style" aftermarket shocks and springs and the wheels is about 5mm from rubbing the schock-leg. However running less offset will result in the wheel sticking out further.
Running 225 tyres so no rubbing on the tires here :)

Hmm. Tough one. I would choose lower than +30 offset and wider front guards :)

No idea about the back I'm afraid :(

Edit: edited my post is I wrote "camber" instead of "offset". Sorry 'bout that :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Back will need to be around +45, you can always add a 5mm spacer should you need it. but you cant increase the offset :no:

I would suggest ET35 for a 8.5j, but watch how low you go as the spring seat may hit the tire (like mine did) I have a 5mm spacer on and ET35 8j, to aviod tire shred.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Wheels: Rays Volk TE37
Size: 8.5x18 all round
Offset: ET30
Tyres: Yokohama DNA GP 225/40 18
Spacers: none
Suspension: bridgestone Potenza damper for street
Comments: fits good. Front clearance to suspension leg is less than 7mm.
I can't squeeze my finger between the wheel and front suspension-leg making it very tight. Coilover suspensions might be a problem in the front unless using spacers which will cause the wheel to stick out more.

Front

rear

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've got 18x8.5 all round on a +32 offset. They are just about OK on the front. Any more or less offset will mean sticking out or touching the coilovers.

Reaction score
damn, I am getting a set of 19x8.5 +27 & 19x9.5 (can't remember offset) Volk GT-C's soon... gonna stretch some rubber on them and use them as my bling runaround wheels as I have a set of Super Advans and TE37's for track use.

Will let everyone know how they go when they arrive :D

Reaction score
lol dale, 19's blliing hahaha, go 225 and 235 :p my new 18s will be here in bout 1.5months, will post some pics when they arrive :)

Reaction score
Wheels - R34 GTR Wheels
Size - 18X9 all around
Offset - 30
Tyres - Bridgestone Potenzas 245X40X18
Spacers - none
Suspension - Nismo shcoks and springs
Comments - On install the car sat nicely but when driven the back arches rubbed ever so slightly on the wall of the tire. I got a mallet and hammered in the inner lip of the rear fenders and haven't had a problem since then. The front wheels protrude a bit but I will get some wide fenders for the front to correct that.

Last edited:
P

Paddy mack

wheels again

So my mind is almost made up a set of 17 inch kato sukumo. their 7 X 17 but has anyone fitted wheels this narrow before. whats the best off set i don't want them to stick out side the archs. and i've read that the front wheels will be really close to the coilover when i fit them will the narrow rim help solve this?

Reaction score
looking into a new set of wheels sizes are
front: 17x8 +31
rear: 17x9 + 37
will these sizes be ok?

P

Punghouse

wanna go 17 up front and 18 in rear. whats the the most aggresive off set i can go with? keeping stock body but i am goin to roll fenders, and go with a stretched tire. any suggestions?

J

j0nbubz

I'll be getting

18 X 8.5 --- +32 offset 235/40/18 front

18 X 9.5 -- +38 offset 265/55/18 rears

Does this sound absurd?

K

kieran

sounds ok but id be going for tyre sizes 225/40/18 and 255/35/18 to ensure better arch clearance/correct rolling radius

Reaction score
Country
Your rear needs smaller profile tyres, 55 is too thick, 35 would be perfect and 255 for more clearance.

You can run less offset actually depending if you want to roll or keep your guards. +38 is nowhere near your guards

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yeah, but most of these recommended offsets are with the car still at stock height. Get a lowered S15 and its an entirely different ball game, especially if you sort all the alignment.