What's new

New Clutch

S

S15Kenpachi

Hey Guys

I think my clutch is starting to slip and i was just wondering if you guys knew of a good replacement?

C

cougar power motorsport

Thinking of going single or twin? Depend of course what HP and torque your after .

S

S15Kenpachi

im not entirely sure what i should go for tbh.

I am running 280bhp at the moment not entirely sure on the torque but i cant see me going over 350 in the near futre. Hope this helps.

C

cougar power motorsport

well you could go for the LA model from the HKS range which it comes as a kit with the flywheel. They hold good to high torque but these are really expensive you might get a cheaper brand i am sure.

Reaction score
Ogura 409d There are a few of us running it capable of holding 400bhp ;). Twinplates are usually the downfall of the 6 speed box so steer clear.

Reaction score
An S14 clutch will not fit, you need an S15 specific one.
Also if you are looking to change the flywheel as well beward that you may get some noise/vibration as some rpm/load conditions. This has been discussed on another thread on this forum...
Has anyone bought a clutch for the original dual-mass flywheel?

C

Carbonetic

Hi,

Our Carbonet Paddle clutch is now available for the S15, good for 450BHP it comes with the cover plate and release bearing.

I have driven a few different cars with them in and they are awesome, pedal feel is almost like OEM its not on/off, gear changes are faster due to the lower inertia weight, longevity and they are quiet as well.

As wing says they are the way forward, Carbon acts as a natural shock absorber. With the carbon paddle it also has a sprung hub to reduce transmission impact.

http://www.carbonetic.co.uk/pages/products_carbonclutch_blade.html

Kind regards

Gavin

Reaction score
An S14 clutch will not fit, you need an S15 specific one.
Also if you are looking to change the flywheel as well beward that you may get some noise/vibration as some rpm/load conditions. This has been discussed on another thread on this forum...
Has anyone bought a clutch for the original dual-mass flywheel?
Hi Mates,

Just changed my clutch on my JDM Spec R. Retained the dual mass flywheel and opted out for the standard clutch from Daikin/Exedy. Below are the part no's :

Clutch Cover : NSC 599 (for Nissan Serena SR20DE) or NSC 538 which has higher clamping pressure

Clutch Plate : ISD104US

The clutch disc and cover fitted perfectly and is much softer than standard and feels good so far. This is the cheapest option i have found and want to share this for those who want to retain the dual mass flywheel without burning a hole through the wallet.

Initial impressions were the clutch plate looked different from stock as it had damper type clutch disc compared to the stock solid type clutch disc.

Hope this info helps all S15 brothers out there!

p/s : I don't know the amount of torque and bhp this clutch can handle. So far, no issues at all with slipping

:wave: