What's new

Japspeed turbo elbow confusion

Reaction score
I have just received my turbo elbow for my S15 Silvia. I do not have to car just yet, but was sourcing all the parts ready to fit when I get the car.

The turbo elbow has 5 holes to be fitted to the turbo. The japspeed turbo elbow came with 5 studs: 3 x thick ones with 1 nut on the end and 2x thin ones with 2 nuts and 2 washers on it.

Now, the thinner studs fit through the holes on the elbow fine, but the thicker studs do not fit through the holes.

What am i doing wrong?

Cheers

Reaction score
the 3 studs they sent should fit on the bottom of the elbow on the triangular flange at the base. Im guessing the 2 smaller studs are spares to replace the ones in turbo if they come loose.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the studs are for the two holes under the bellmouth on the elbow, the other three a bolt or original studs can be used but these two havent enough clearance to fit a bolt so a stud and nut must be used. spray all studs with wd40 the night before and let them soak and if you undo them carefully they shouldnt snap:)

sands

Reaction score
i wouldn'd use any of the bolts/studs/nuts japspeed send, i did and where only on car 3 month when needed to change turbo and just about every one of them snaped when opening they just not up to that kinda heat.

ended up drilling some out and tippin thay are odd thread too not standard m8's or m10's
easier get some proper bolts/studs now save problems down the road