What's new

universal or car specific bov

Reaction score
Country
Hey, i'm trying to get all the parts together that i need for my car coming.

I'm going to buy an ssqv 3 bov but don't know whether to get a universal one or the car specific kit :confused:

It'll be getting fitted to an apex type 1 intercooler set up.

The universal bov is much cheaper but i'm not sure if these are weld on or if they can be fitted with a piece of rubber hose. Its hard to tell from pictures.

Will be ordering the recirculating kit and a length of Armorvin HNA hose at the same time.

C

cougar power motorsport

Since you have an Apex intercooler kit then the HKS ssqv kit does not make any good to you because you may ave interference between the pipes of each kit ( EVO situation ). My opinion you should go for a uni one and i am sure any decent garage can weld it onto the pipes that are already on the car. More opinions and experience onto this option please?

C

cougar power motorsport

sorry for the hassle here. What i mean is : on the lancer EVO's when there is an intercooler kit , then you cannot fit a BOV kit cause the intercooler pipes and the BOV pipe interference each other. and vice verca. So it's bes if you have an apexi intercooler kit to check not to have this same issue as on evo's. i am not sure on Silvias that's why i just mention it for you to check it or other members to confirm liable answer to this. If it's the same case then there is no need to throw any money to a kit but just buy a uni bov ( SSqv :p )

Reaction score
Country
Its cool, i appreciate your response dude :)

Its an APEX intercooler not apexi. Apex is much much cheaper :rotfl:

I found a pic of the cold pipe on this intercooler set up:

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=412904&highlight=apex+fmic+instructions

In the 2nd post theres a link for a pdf. The 6th pic in the pdf is a good angle of the cold pipe.

Might not be able to tell if an ssqv will fit there with or without interference between the two pipes from a pic alone, but it might help.