What's new

Looking for an exhaust

C

cougar power motorsport

Guys iam giving here some info's on the HKS exhaust systems so all, you can compare things . The system has : a) GT extension kit ( elbow of the turbo along with a downpipe ), b ) Hipower 409 catback or Silent Hi409 catback again. So apart from these 2 parts you need either a racing cat or a decat pipe to make a full aftermarket exhaust system from turbo and back .
  • HKS GT Extension kit gives a wider range of performance options on your Silvia/180SX/200SX. Whether you are using stock turbo, GT-SS or GT-RS, maximum performance can be extracted from your turbo with the GT Extension kit
  • Extension pipe diameters have been increased for both the main and bypass pipes. Boost response is improved by up to 10% and mid/high RPM power and torque is substantially increased over competitors products during tests at HKS Headquarters in Japan.
  • A specially designed dual layout is used for the front pipe. This allows for larger pipe cross sectional area and therefore increased exhaust efficiency. Compared with conventional front pipe designs, the dual layout gives an additional 15-20mm of ground clearance for lowered vehicles.
Model SILVIA / 200SX

Model Code S15, S14
Engine Code SR20DET
Model Year 93/10-02/08
Pipe Dia* (Main) φ65
Pipe Dia* (Bypass) φ50
Pipe Dia* (Front) φ60x2
Part Number 14018-AN001
Retail Price (£+VAT) £565.00
RemarksStock heat insulator must be removed/modified for fitment. Made from SUS304

:thumbs:

C

cougar power motorsport

yeah it's pipes are not stainless steel. Of course they will get rusty if they are not used in a good way and the car is not cleaned from salty roads or something. When i imported an R33 GTR in Cyprus in December it had an HKS exhaust system , was rusty but was working fine . The owner said he had the exhaust onto the car from 2001:nod: so i take it that they might rust but are not so bad:thumbs:

C

cougar power motorsport

Well i would love to hear this exhaust system man:) any videos to upload ? Come on:p

G

GUEST_JDM

just to go on with the hole mild n stainless steel thing, i got told once by an exhaust shop once that mild lasts about 8 years n stainless about 15, that sound right?

C

cougar power motorsport

it's about right but again the end result is relevant to how you take care of your car

Reaction score
Country
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXTCcD4aJJ8

this is my car on the dyno. nur spec full striaght thru.

Tomei Expreme Mani.
moonface chamber pro (elbo and down pipe in one)
cat removed and Sard TVC in place...
then finally the Blitz Nur Spec R :D

TBH the noise form the dyno fan was covering the sound of the ehaust.

Last edited: