What's new

boss kit/steering wheel

Reaction score
hi just got my omp steering wheel and d1 quick release
just want to know if any nissan boss kit will fit my s15??
and i will be fitting this tomorow so a step by step guide would be great
if any one could help please thanks:nod:

J

jonny b

yes they should fit.
step 1.disconnect your battery a few hours in advance
2.disconnect your 2 airbag wires under your airbag
3.remove airbag using security tourqe heads
4.open centre nut and remove wheel
5.N.B when you take off your wheel you will also need to remove a big long white wire coil (this will pop out)i beileve its for turning off your indicators automaticly when you make a turn.thats it mate,,,

Reaction score
wat do u mean like wen u signal to turn say left and after turning they click back to center postion..... iv my wheel fitted and indicators work like before only problem i have is no horn or airbag -but ill hook up a new horn some stage

Reaction score
oooo also in the end i got my boss kit from ICETRONIX for 50e
and its not like the average long one you get.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If that was the case, they'd never be fitted. The majority of injuries caused by air bags are due to people not being positioned properly (i.e. too close to the steering wheel) and from not wearing seat belts (usually stupid people who feel they are an infringement to their public liberties). They have also been known to be a risk to some shorter people (usually because of the first reason). Being closer to the steering wheel (either by choice or thrown forward due to no belt) means you are directly in the path of the air bag inflation. This is something the systems weren't designed for. They were designed to work in conjunction with a seat belt restrained occupant. :)

The only time I'd consider removing an air bag would be if I was wearing a full three point harness and helmet.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Just ordered my C-One steering wheel with HKB S15 boss kit :)

Oh... does that mean I 'have' to get a 4-point harness?? Well, wouldn't want the missus to think I was being unsafe lol... it's either a harness or drive everywhere with a helmet (which I don't mind but may look a bit odd on me daily commute lol) :D

Reaction score
does anyone know if spec-s or r steering wheels can be fitted between cars i'e the splines matching to an s13?