What's new

spraying rocker cover - do i need a gasket?

subzero

Reaction score
going spraying up the rocker cover before i head over to the UK next week.

when doing the one on the cam i just screwed it off , sprayed it adn replace, all was fine . no leaks etc.

is the sr20 prone to leaks ?? or do i have to get one. any idea how much they are ?

S

StarletRick

the old one should be fine, it just slots into the cover.

just be careful when replacing it as its real tight getting it back on at the back. and can leak if not done right.

just take your time putting it back and itll be fine.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Make sure to get some sealant for it before you start, and when you're tightening it back up it needs to be done in a certain order. I can't remember it but rob should know (slammedmind)

subzero

Reaction score
thanks mil guys ... ill wait for rob so to reply on th sequence.

will have it sprayed next week all going well. gonna go the same pearly white as the outside of the car. finally got a colour match for the car after two years (its not original nissan pearl )

S

StarletRick

they dont need to be toqued down or anything. just tighten them up evenly checking for kinks in the gasket

J

jhinchy

just whip it off, and lob it back on. Once the gasket is sitting ok, you shouldnt have any leaks. Enjoy JAE!!

subzero

Reaction score
just whip it off, and lob it back on. Once the gasket is sitting ok, you shouldnt have any leaks. Enjoy JAE!!
ha ha , will do bro . will have loads of pics for ye's when i return ...

off to my local spray painter next week :D , have a tasty hks oil cap to go with it.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
:p Ace! :D I actually just bought lots of shiney glittery "fruit" stickers to cover my rocker, strawberrys, cherrys, bannanas and organges.. lmao!