What's new

Wastegate & blow off valve???

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If you are keeping it plumb back, you really don't need to change the factory one. You can modify the existing one so that it doesn't leak above 15psi. If you want details, I will have to find the link.

Reaction score
they are 2 completely different things, a BOV is on the charged side of the intake to release pressure when throttle is closed.

wastegate is on exhaust side to allow gas to flow through, bypassing the turbo, rather than carrying on flowing through once a set boost pressure is made.

Reaction score
Cheers lads ye ever hear of that type of blow off valve thinking of getting one, or what would ppl go for?

C

cougar power motorsport

hey farell. Yeah i think ive heard or seen synapse's products before , at least i think they make fuel pumps also. just to let you know i think this is a universal bov so you might need to fabricate hoses or pipes. Although i am not convinced it will will sound like the HKS SQV2 which i ve used on EVO's . On 1.5 bar the sound is amazing . I love it personally.

S

StarletRick

synapse are awesome, i cannot tell you how good their stuff is. their wastegates make even the top spec HKS/Greddy ones look ****.

if i ever go external, ill be using their stuff.