What's new

Twin charged

Reaction score
By twin charging do you mean two turbochargers or one turbo and one supercharger?
Why are you considering it?
If for the technical challenge then it might be interesting but if not I would say a lot of pain for not a lot of gain.
That's my two pence worth...

S

StarletRick

twin charging is when you have a supercharger system and a turbocharger system on the same engine. can be twin turbo, twin supercharger etc. doesnt matter how many, you just need at least one of each.

the old Bee R s15 was twincharged and went well, never really got down to how good it was though as it was **** on track. was a bit of a show pony.

itll be alot of money and time if youre thinking about it, as i dont think anyone makes shelf kits for the sr. so it will have to be a custom job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SjNgVH_HN0

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
well.. last year at the Tokyo Auto salon they had a twin charged s15 on show. I was speaking to the company who made the kit and I offered them a lump sum. They refused and told me in one year's time they will have the kit ready for sale.

I will be returning next January so i will get more update then, but looked very very promising!

S

StarletRick

tbh, it wouldnt be massivly difficult to fabricate.

you'd just need an intake manifold made up, which wouldnt be anymore trouble than an exhaust manifold. you can pick up an eaton screwcharger on ebay for a decent sum.

it wouldnt be hard, just time consuming.

then youd need a proper ecu to get it all mapped nicely.

its something id like to have a look at doing one day. if done right twincharging is bloody brilliant.

look at the old micras!