What's new

brake issues need idea's please

G

GUEST_JDM

okay ive just installed a set of new rotors and green stuff pads, brakes feel fine plenty of stopping power only problem is my back brakes get so dam hot compared to the front, and i mean glowing red hot, to the point that all i can smell is back brake pads, if i lock the brakes in the wet the front locks first, ive checked the hand brake and i can move the car freely with the hand brake down not a problem. i did the hole brakes by the book ive done many on other cars just not an s15 before. the rotors are slotted and dimpled front and rear and ive only been trying to bed in the pads so i have only been for a ten min drive and still my rotors are red hot and the back pads stink. im all out of idea's so any help would be much apreciated!
cheers jared

Reaction score
My mate has an S14a.
He doesn't have problems with the rears getting hot but he does go through rear brakes pads much quicker than fronts. Otherwise they work fine.
He and I have no idea why.

G

GUEST_JDM

yeh still out of ideas thinking that my new rotors must have bad tollerances or something like they were made to thick in the factory

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
maybe you accidentally made the rear pistons seize/stick when you installed your new rotors?