What's new

Replacing the flywheel

Reaction score
Straight answer please guys, no "fit a five speed stuff". My clutch and flywheel are knackered and need replacing. I was looking on driftworks and they do a lightweight cromoly flywheel but it was for the S14 because obviously the S15 is dual mass as standard. Can I fit one of these lightweight flywheels in place of the dual mass flywheel and still retain the 6 speed box or will it not fit or work for any reason? cheers.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Straight answer: no. The S15 flywheel is completely different to the S14. Not just dual mass. You need a specific S15 lightened flywheel. Be aware that you'll get more noise transmitted from the box though.

Reaction score
And you'll need new shorter flywheel bolts,the dual mass are too long. Don't let anyone tell you to cut them,to dangerous/not enough thread

Reaction score
where can i get one in the UK, asap? car is off the road and is my daily driver so need one because I cant afford to wait for jap import times... help!

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
No idea where you can get it but if you're super desperate then find a good clutch workshop to machine your OEM s15 flywheel

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
can't machine a duel mass fly lad. I got my orc ogura clutch & solid light fly from rhdjapan. only took a week.probably your best bet.

Reaction score
Well I've done a bit of digging and it seems the exedy hyper clutch kits include a flywheel and clutch as a job lot together so that's looking to be the best bet. Going to ask a few more questions today and then get something ordered. After shipping they work out cheaper direct from the UK!

D

dss15

I've had my stock fly machined also. The guy who did it was referred to me as someone who works with racing clutches though, so I think the experienced comment is the way to go! BTW install something tough so you don't have to do it again a year later.. :censored:

Reaction score
What did you do about the bolt kits?? I need some and after reading this assume the Nissan OEM ones aren't going to do the job!!?

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
Hmm might as well put the answer in all the threads you've bumped...

If it's an s15 flywheel get s15 bolts, if s14 flywheel get s14 bolts :)
Ni$$an ones are going to the best at doing the job and I couldn't find GOOD quality aftermarket bolts... wasn't worth the risk to me

Reaction score
Thanks for posting in all the threads but this isn't the answer. The reason the OEM bolts may not work is they may be too long for the ACT clutch (and yes of course I'm using S16 6spd parts but thanks for checking)

Reaction score
Garage are saying bolts aren't the same from OE to the ACT and as the fly isn't as deep (as the OE) the spigot bearing isn't going to fit (due to the distance) - ahh help needed quick!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
:eek:More detail: the ACT fly isn't as deep. The OE fly holds the spigot bearing and so the garage reckon the end of the output shaft hasn't anywhere to locate:eek::annoyed:

:confused: