What's new

ecu problems

S

s15sam

ever since i brought my car (2 months ago) each time i start it in the morning or when the engine is cold it takes ages and ages to turn over, i always need to tap my foot on the gas. I thought it was the ecu because the guy before me said that he got it tuned to protect the engine lol. When its cold it idles at around 800rpm which is weird. I took it to a guy to get it looked at and nothing showed up on his diagnostic equipment (only the airbags). we put a hairclip in 2 ports in the ecu plug to see if "check engine" would show up, but nothing.

it was a automatic non-turbo s15 now its had a s14.5 turbo engine and 5speed box. The ecu says s14 b12 on it if that's any help

Any ideas of what it could be? Thanks

S

s15sam

yep they should be, only mods to the engine was extractors, exhaust and front mount.

M

mouses200sx

This is a little left field but find a workshop that has a scan tool and get them to do a diagnostic on the car and see if anything comes uo. A good scan tool will show you everything down to the air flow ratio

G

GUEST_JDM

its fuel all the way mate, ive just got a wolf v5 ecu in my s15 and only running off a base map, my car was so dam hard to start before playing with all the fuel trims but yeah, sounds like to much or too little fuel also ing timming sounds like its coming into play there, maybe your ecu is chipped and the current ecu is still running off standard fuel trims, when on cold start/ post start enrichment just for an idea

Last edited:
S

s15sam

Thanks for the comments, today i saw the airflow sensor cord without the sensor on it and it wasn't even attached to anything, so ill see if this is the problem before i spend the bucks on getting it looked at

Cheerz guys