What's new

What clutches are you using??

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thats one thing I definatly want to avoid. I like the tunnel the shape it is!

Well after finding out the S14 ACT clutch I got a few weeks ago does fit the S15 standard flywheel, I decided to fit it. Was planning on starting the prep tonight and dropping the box in the morning, but I got a bit carried away and when my mate turned up I thought it would be rude not too, so off it came!

We did the work on a ramp, but when it came to geting the box off I think we would have been better sitting or lying on the floor rather than doing it 6 ft in the air as my arms and shoulders ache somewhat now! The ramp was good for everything else though. One thing i didnt realise was how tight it is in the tunnel and how difficult and awquard it is getin the box off! It took about 20mins and ended up spinning it round about 135deg to allow the starter motor bracket to clear the tunnel.

Got to do it all again tomorrow but in reverse order! I'll stick some pics up too. :wack:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Well, its back on and first impressions of the ACT HD organic is good :) the pedal feels more springy and very slightly heavier than before, but not much at all and got used to it really quickly. The S14 release bearing is totally identical to the 15's so that went on a treat too. Had to lightly press the old bearing off and persuade the new one on too.

The more people you can get to help the better I think. We had 3 people (2 on the box and 1 guideing the shaft into the fly) but a fourth would have been handy to help lever the front of the engine up and the back down.

My hands were too dirty to take pics, but if anyone wants help or tips in the future just ask :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cheers dude :) It was a bit daunting at the start when I was looking up at it on the ramp thinking that I should have paid someone to do it who knows what their doing!!

Reaction score
Hi Mates,

Just changed my clutch on my JDM Spec R. Retained the dual mass flywheel and opted out for the standard clutch from Daikin/Exedy. Below are the part no's :

Clutch Cover : NSC 599 (for Nissan Serena SR20DE) or NSC 538 which has higher clamping pressure

Clutch Plate : ISD104US

The clutch disc and cover fitted perfectly and is much softer than standard and feels good so far. This is the cheapest option i have found and want to share this for those who want to retain the dual mass flywheel without burning a hole through the wallet.

Initial impressions were the clutch plate looked different from stock as it had damper type clutch disc compared to the stock solid type clutch disc.

Hope this info helps all S15 brothers out there!