What's new

Flywheel bolts

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've got an ACT organic clutch and ACT Prolite flywheel ready to go in at the weekend, but after Nissan quoteing me £70 for the 8 bolts, is there another solution?

I've read on SXOC that people re-use the original bolts, but are s15 bolts useable with a ACT fly?

Cheers fellas

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
if it's an s15-specific clutch kit then yes the s15 bolts work... only s15 bolts will work actually.

you can reuse your bolts but you run the risk of having your legs chopped off :eek: seriously, they stretch, and if one goes the rest will follow... until the flywheel flies apart :wack:

i've searched around for aftermarket bolts but couldn't find any GOOD quality ones, I sucked it up and bought genuine ni$$an bolts

Reaction score
I'm in 100% same situation. What did you do and where did you get um from. I need to source before Tues next week!!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I found out you can't use a s14 fly in the s15 s speed box, so you'll have to keep your dual mass s15 fly or get a s15 specific fly.

I ended up using the standard dual mass fly so didnt need bolts in the end.

:)

Reaction score
:eek:Apparently the ACT fly isn't as deep. The OE fly holds the spigot bearing and so the garage reckon the end of the output shaft hasn't anywhere to locate + the OE bolts are too long :eek::annoyed:

:confused:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The S14 ACT fly will not fit mate as i said earlier. I had to sell mine and stick with the OEM dual mass

sx-si

Reaction score
trial fit the fly can check for play
im surprised this issue only comes up here and not on many other forums