What's new

S14 parts on an S15

Reaction score
Hi guys, haven't been on here in a few years!

I've done a quick search but couldn't find any obvious topics.

I've got a jap import S14 ( I couldn't afford an S15 a few years back) and it's recently been crashed into from behind. It's pretty bent and I'm assuming my insurance company will write it off.

The rear quarter has kind of split somehow, and the boot floor is creased. :(

Anyway, I've seen quite a few S15 Spec-Ss going for around £4k which should easily be within my payout and I'm considering reshelling my S14 into the S15.

I'm fairly sure the exhaust is different, but are there any other majorly different parts?

I'd be looking to swap all the suspension, running gear (including diff), and engine. The engine has got a power FC, so any immobiliser problems shouldn't be an issue.

Any input would be much appreciated. :thumbs:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
good news buddy - if you are transferring the whole lot from the s14 to the s15 spec s then you can re-use the whole rear subframe including diff and suspension, the gearbox, the engine and ancilleries...the brakes and other suspension, everything basically. i'm almost certain the prop from the s14 can be used too as you'll be using the 14 box. i'd think the only slightly awkward part would be joining the wiring looms together and thats it and i'm sure with some slight modification the exhaust could be made to fit too - all the hangers are in the same places but i think the downpipe on the s14's are longer because they had 2 cats:nod:

Reaction score
Ah cool. Any idea if the engine loom on an S15 is easy to pull out?

I was thinking I could just swap my entire engine loom into the S15. There shouldn't be any immobiliser issues because my S14 was running a Power FC. In theory, I could just take all the wiring loom that connects the PFC to the engine and just connect it up in the S15 shell?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i personally dont know about the loom idea, i think you'll probably find some different connector types between the two, maybe some pins in different locations etc...the interior instruments are all different on the s15 to the s14a also maybe someone else can help with this one.....also look into getting hold of a helical spec r diff if you're still on the stock s14 one, its meant to be a huge improvement, i wouldnt know though as i've only driven with helical which is good:nod:

Reaction score
Ah yea, I seem to remember someone saying that the S15 speedo is driven from the abs sensor.

Hmm, I'm sure I can knock something up to deal with this. Thanks for the advice so far! :)

I've got a 2 way diff in mine so I'll be swapping that into the 15 shell. Looking at getting some headlight replacements too for all the drift days I go to. :D