What's new

Genuine Aero front bar - who's bought one in aus?

D

dave_s15

so basically i totally screwed my genuine aero front bar. its cracked and got a chuck out of it which looks **** and can't be totally be fixed.

so i'm after info from anyone who has bought one locally. what i'd like to know is where you got it from, how long it took to receive it and whether it came painted or you needed to get it done.

i have been to nissan and its a 3 month wait and over 3 grand, but i want it ASAP. any info would help thanks.

btw i don't want a cheap copy which most workshops can supply.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Basically you have to get them from Japan due to them not being standard fit on ADM S15s. They come colour-coded or unpainted (I believe). Its possible to get them on Yahoo Auctions cheaper than Nissan Japan, but your main problem will be shipping.

I managed to get one off YA and shipped to the UK for £650, but had to wait three months for it to be shipped via Vladivostok :p

D

dave_s15

lol, nice. yeah mine's actually a JDM Aero model so i'm trying to keep it original. apparently a workshop interstate has a couple but not sure if they're new or used :confused:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Obviously, its your best bet if there are some originals in Oz :) Totally with you about keeping it original. If your ABS original sustained the damage you describe, I'd hate to think what would be left if it was FRP...

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I know Auss15 has bought one locally (It was imported from Japan). I am not sure if the person he bought it off still has any. I know he had 3 at the time and they were about $1100 each.

Reaction score
Country
Thuy (J-imports) in ns.com has some for sale... he's asking $1500 for the good condition ones undelivered... his delivery cost is insane though

Reaction score
Yeah, I got one from a mate of mine who brings in new and second hand parts from Japan. It was a good price at the time but bare in mind that the Aussie dollar was a lot stronger to the Yen a year ago.

It was in very good condition but I had it resprayed anyway.( Just spoke to him ,sold the last one yesterday :()

I know cj motors in Brisbane sell them

http://www.cj-motor.com/store/

Last edited: