What's new

Rebuilding Z32 Master Cylinder?

S

silviac

I tried to crack it open but don't know how to pull the rear end once I take the aluminium cover off....

There are black insert that I need to pull out but how is it joined?

Also is there anyway I can take the cup off too?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yeah, pretty sure there's a pin somewhere along the length of the cylinder which has to be removed as it holds the springs in place inside.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
I'd do it myself but I was too worried that if I stuff anything up then it's a huge pain to get it pulled off, fixed, reinstalled, bleed... and since it's the part of the brakes I'm not keen on screwing with that because it's only thing stopping me :wack: Sooo I took it to my mechanic. When my mechanic rebuilt mine it was a case of popping off the rear cover and fiddling with the piston until it popped out, then checking the bores and rebuilding the pistons, seals, etc :)

Reaction score
Country
I'd do it myself but I was too worried that if I stuff anything up then it's a huge pain to get it pulled off, fixed, reinstalled, bleed... and since it's the part of the brakes I'm not keen on screwing with that because it's only thing stopping me :wack: Sooo I took it to my mechanic. When my mechanic rebuilt mine it was a case of popping off the rear cover and fiddling with the piston until it popped out, then checking the bores and rebuilding the pistons, seals, etc :)
when you say rebuilding the pistons, did they have to be made specifically or are they something you can buy? sorry if that seams like a silly question im really just not sure

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You need a piston kit. It comes with pistons and seals. Problem is, there are about five different Z32 BMCs and it's almost impossible to know which one you've got unless you have the chassis number of the Z32 it came off. You can order from Perfectrun or from Nissan if NZ prices are good.

In answer to the other question you mentioned in your PM, it's probably good to change the booster too, as the Spec R ones are more powerful than the Spec S (JDM).

Reaction score
Country
You need a piston kit. It comes with pistons and seals. Problem is, there are about five different Z32 BMCs and it's almost impossible to know which one you've got unless you have the chassis number of the Z32 it came off. You can order from Perfectrun or from Nissan if NZ prices are good.

In answer to the other question you mentioned in your PM, it's probably good to change the booster too, as the Spec R ones are more powerful than the Spec S (JDM).
Are there any seals in the booster that would need changing?
sorry sent you the PM then came across this thread. thanks for the help