What's new

nismo 555 injector problem!!!!

M

miller81

hi...has anybody had any problems replacing the standard injectors with nismos??a friend of mine has an s15 and he got 555 nismo injectors,power fc and when put back together its a non start,cylinders are flooding with petrol and hydraulic locking!!got new o-rings for the injectors and same problem..im going up to him later to try and figure out what is wrong so any help would be appreciated:)

Reaction score
You will have to adjust the Power FC to handle the bigger injectors. Look in the manual,its under injector settings

M

miller81

hes already done all that,tried again with standard e.c.u and same thing happens,wont even start..it should run even if the power fc isnt set correctly,it will just tick over very rough..hes stripped it again and inlet manifold is full of petrol...

S

StarletRick

when we swapped over to 555s on my mates s14 it took AGES to get it running again.

just keep trying and it will fire up soon enough.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
sounds like it needs to be tuned to suit the injectors. Running the standard ECU with larger injectors won't help.

Reaction score
Check that the injectors are firing on and off and not staying on, also the PFC has a section where you can monitor the injector usage I have 555cc in my car and have had them close to 95% of full capacity. Check what they are running at when you try to crank it over.
I need bigger injectors, I havent even fitted my Z32 AFM yet:(
It should run on the standard PFC map just run rough, have you the PFC part number as they are different between the S-Body's?APEXi Part No: 414AN018

Last edited:
M

miller81

thanks for the help:)il try and see what is showin on the commander when cranking but as far as i know its not cranking over much before dying...the injectors are just sticking open but they are brand new and got brand new o-rings for them from nissan,i didnt get a chance to look at it last night but i will be going up to have a look this evening....

Reaction score
thanks for the help:)il try and see what is showin on the commander when cranking but as far as i know its not cranking over much before dying...the injectors are just sticking open but they are brand new and got brand new o-rings for them from nissan,i didnt get a chance to look at it last night but i will be going up to have a look this evening....
Check the voltage at the plugs if you can it wont show the full 12v because it should be switching on and off quickly but the voltage should fluctuate on the reading of the test meter to show they are changing state, you could also put 12v on and off the injectors and check if you can hear them click:thumbs:

M

miller81

problem sorted:nod:not too sure what the problem was,just stripped it down and checked injector pulse,spark,seals,o-rings etc..put back together and changed settings a bit on power fc and got it started:)its running a bit rough but that was to be expected before getting it mapped...