What's new

Increase boost on standard setup

T

tmus

Hi

searched through the forum, trying to find out about increasing the boost slightly without a remap or fueling upgrades.

I got a full 3" exhaust system (elbow back) and going to get a Apexi filter.

I'm trying to keep the S15 as standard as possible, as its fast enough for me....must not mod too much!

So i'm just planning on breathing mods, and then i had a look into increasing boost.

So i just want to ask, anyone been running increased boost on standard engine for long term?

and i want to go for mechanical boost controller, as i can just set it and leave it.

I've read it is safe to run 0.8 bar?, will the standard ECU and MAF cope and adjust the fueling enough??

thanks

T

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I don't know if this will help you much but I ran my old S15 at 0.85-0.9 on the stock WMIC and it was and still is fine. The map was stock too apart from it was set up for UK fuel but only at standard boost.

Take a look at this...

It's for S14's so some things are not relevant, but it gives an indication as to what is required for each stage.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
in all honesty the stock setup should naturally produce around 0.8-0.9 bar actuator boost with a turbo back exhaust and pod filter. once you have them fitted keep an eye on the gauge, you should find it has risen without the need for a boost hike. keep your eyes and ears out for det thoug, a rolling road run would be very worthwhile.:nod: