What's new

Gurggling?? huh..

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
I got home now from dropping off a mate, and went for a shot blast up the touge - Nothing too nuts as roads where crap.

Anyways. Got home, sat and idle'd for a bit turned car off to hear a really loud "Gurggling" sound from the bay.. popped the bonnet and recorded this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOdkkd5T-ig

Turn the speakers right up it was my **** phone - It was getting quiter so i missed the loud part of it.. but its never EVER made these noise's before, totally sounded like it was Gurggling.. it would do it, stop.. gurggil, stop, gurgill etc.. sounded like it was coming from in the rocker/block.

Is this one of those "Dont worry about it ffs" moments?

Better being safe than sorry though at the end of the day. Will check oil/water levels tomorrow morning when its cool but they were fine about 3 days ago.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
yeah dudes on JDMtas just said the same thing :( god damm stupid Samsung !! :(

well.. they are saying its probally just water cooling in the block, seems odd iv never heard it before i guess.

Thanks slammed.

Reaction score
Just make sure theres coolant in her in the morning minty, the only time ive heard a gurgling sound in any car is when the coolant is a bit low if you get me? Im sure its nothing big anyhow so not to worry dude

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
thats the coolant as it passes through the turbo lines - the water pump turns off with the car and whatevers still in there will keep heating until the turbo cools as it isnt circulated. perfectly normal.:nod:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
mine was noticeable with braided lines yes, but did it even when standard. its most noticeable after a spirited drive and you can hear the bubbles making thier way up the coolant line back into the coolant manifold on the side of the head that connects to the top hose :nod:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
yup the be where the noise's are. Checked this morning, water was down a tad but else seemed ok :)

Thanks for the help!

V

vti_coupw

yeah buddy its a bit louder alright with the braided lines nt to worry

Reaction score
aye, cooling.

i know when i had my 306, after i fitted the magnex Grp N it sound it like it was "tinking". the exhaust getting hot then shrinking back. :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Mine does that too. I never noticed it with standard turbo lines, but do with the braided ones.