What's new

coilovers

G

George

Hey guys,
Been looking for coilovers at a reasonable price. fully adjustable if possible. What's the best web-sites to look on? Thanks:thumbs:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
It really depends on your budget?

You could try the likes of Apex, HSD or Driftworks. There's group buys on the SXOC or Driftworks so you could get a set of comfy Apex or HSD's for about €500 I think? They've got dealers in the UK so postage is pretty cheap and the aftersales service is still close enough to home...

You could get a second hand set but I personnally wouldn't. For example; Drift 2 motorsport bring in second hand HKS coilovers for about €600!

DC, D2 and K-Sport all do coilovers and have Irish agents - they're all in the region of €1,000.00 though...

Or you could go to the likes of Perfectrun or RHD Japan and order teins, HKS, Cusco etc new and spend anythin up to €3,000.00!

If it's any help I've just spent €1,000 on a set of Driftworks CS2's, they come highly recommended on this site and the delivery to Ireland was only €30 or something. They come with a warranty too which is reassuring! They're not on the car yet so I don't know what they're like!

G

George

Thanks for the reply.
I've been looking for s15 specific coilovers with little success. Will s13/s14 tagged coilovers do the job. Might sound like a simple question but still on steep learning curve with regards to mods.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
A lot of the companies I mentioned do S15 specific stuff but as far as I'm aware the S14 and S15 ones are the same. I'm no expert though...

I don't know about walking into a shop and asking questions as I'm not familiar with local suppliers in Galway but I'm sure a quick google search of any of the brands listed above will get you contact No's, emails etc.. You shouldn't be too long waiting on prices, delivery charges, warranties etc.

What sort of money are you hoping to spend?

G

George

money?

Maybe between 800- 1000 euros. Really not sure. Have been thinking of just getting tein lowering springs for the time being. Don't really want to go crazy low. Still like the idea of fully adjustable though.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
The Nismo shocks and springs are meant to be brilliant if you don't want to get coilovers. They come up on SXOC every now and again and are generally in the region of €400.

According to information on here, SXOC and conversations with members from both the best coilovers I could find for €1,000 or less was the Driftworks CS2's but I am waiting to get them fitted... I was after a fully adjustable set up which would perform well on track to replace my HKS coilovers which need a refurb :( I will know on the 20th how good they are :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've got Tein Super Streets which sell for around £880 (inc pillowball topmounts). Excellent coilovers although durability can only be commented on after I've had them a few years lol...

I'd suggest if budget allows to always go for coilovers since you can make an exact adjustment on how low you want your car to sit although as mentioned Nismo lowering springs are supposed to be excellent as well.

G

George

looking

been looking for a site that stocks nismo shocks and springs. so f'ing annoying. Any ideas where to look?

G

George

Really am willing to give anything a shot.Leaning toward the spring option for the time being. My knowledge on the whole mod scene is reallly limited. I want to lower ride by maybe 1-1.5 inches and keep as much ride comfort as possible. Would you recommend getting uprated shocks too.Will s14 fit s15? So many questions i know but any answers are greatly appreciated. sites too if ye can.

Reaction score
From my understanding, Nismo S-Tunes from an s14 will fit an s15. But they are not the same, the s15 ones are made specifically for the s15 and there are some slight differences. I remember something about different front shock length, can't remember whether the damping or spring rates are different.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
apex comfy coilovers are getting good reviews from lots of people. good value too - well under your budget. if you are going to upgrade the supsension then coilovers are the best way to go as they offer the camber, damping and ride height adjustment - you have more control over the exact setup you want. if you got shocks and springs you'd probably spend just as much - coilovers are the winner and you know it;)