🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Topper said:
Yakozan said:
No. It just doesn't show on my shitty pics :D
Look cool, should maybe do it.... although then you have no come-back for the "Its a Skyline" comments
True :D
But if I remove the Nissan logo to, the confusion must be complete.
I could tell the masses anything...

- ehhrm, what car is that.

- It's the 2008 Lamborghini Countach prototype. I know some people who knows some people who robbed som people :D

Educated Nissan gurus would call my lie though ;)

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
Little bump up for this thread :)
Didn't want to start new thread so I just ask here.

Which size intercooler should do the job in my SpecR?
What kind of setups is everybody running?

I mean intercooler should fit behind orginal front bumber (not that aero one and Yes! I know I need some cutting :)) and i'm planning getting MAX. 400bhp of it (more like ++300bhp).

So should it be something like 300x600x100 or thinner or smaller?

Just like to know how big is yours :D:D and how much cutting I need to do?
Is there some kind of S15-bolt-on-kit which really is bolt-on except drilling hole to batterytray?

Thanks!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi mate :)

I've got the Apex Performance Type 2 kit which partially uses original stock cold pipe so no cutting of the battery tray. Very good price - think they're around £250 GBP or thereabouts IIRC. But if you want the usual FMIC setup with piping that routes are direct as possible then look into the Apex Performance Type 1 kit.

Not sure on core sizes but it'll deffo fit behind stock S15 bumper no probs. If you have fog light you might have to shave off bits of plastic to get it to fit etc. The bumper itself might need slight bits cutting off but this is minimal.

The only extra work that needed doing as well was making up mounting brackets to hang the core onto the car at the front as the Apex core mounting points do not line up with the S15 points on the car itself :rolleyes:

J

Reaction score
Country
The only extra work that needed doing as well was making up mounting brackets to hang the core onto the car at the front as the Apex core mounting points do not line up with the S15 points on the car itself :rolleyes:
:confused:

When i fitted my type 1 kit the mounting points were spot on.

I assume they use the same core- although i think the type 2 core sits at a slight angle whereas the type 1 core i have is straight up vertical. That right?

I did have to cut a slight notch out of the chassis to fit the core in though :nod:

Reaction score
the type 2 is same price as type 1 just over £300..

much longer route for air on type 2 and smaller cooler.

also one thing to consider on the Apex kit is the pipes are made of stainless not ally. APex kits are very good though, i run there coilovers and am very impressed

Stainless is a massive heat soaker!! ally absorbes like a third of the heat of stainless..

i got a Japspeed cooler kit in type 1 format from sxoc forum, there a group buy in them atm @ £199 nrmally £299. http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=426874

these are ready to post out sameday and have ally piping which was in my interest anyway.

havent fitted mine yet but will be this wekend.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
:confused:

When i fitted my type 1 kit the mounting points were spot on.

I assume they use the same core- although i think the type 2 core sits at a slight angle whereas the type 1 core i have is straight up vertical. That right?

I did have to cut a slight notch out of the chassis to fit the core in though :nod:
my type one fitted perfectly too, but the type two core has a different layout altogether, the end tank is upside down on the drivers side and the outlet is at the top, not the bottom.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I think it all comes down to whether you're bothered about cutting the battery tray as the Type 2 has longer routing since it avoids the battery tray.

But IMO worrying about charged air flow sub 400 bhp is just pub talk... won't make a difference... if you drive mine and see the amount of response I get from a remap and it's still only 0.9 bar max boost (it's got +50 bhp and +60 lb ft in the midrange) then you'll se what I mean ;)

D

darkphoenix

Hey everyone, considering getting a Blitz FMIC. Any feedback? I Know you have to relocate the battery but does anyone know where to exactly? Is it a case of moving it a couple of inches/getting a smaller battery or a major job moving it to the boot? Thanks

Jack

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
you have to get a smaller battery (stock micra one is fine) and turn your battery 90 degrees. hole needs to be drilled to 80-90mm to battery tray, bit of triming to the end of chassis leg (not stuctural part).

you can relocate battery to boot but requires a maintanance free race battery as fumes are a problem bringing a battert inside the car.

mine came with a small battery luckily and is the perfect size.

i have a copy of apex 1 intercooler instruction in my email if you want i will dig it out.

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
Thanks to everyone :nod:
Got everything that i needed to know...

Still have few "stupid questions" :D
Because I don't have such a good english in car relative things like to know what is "hotpipe" or whats the difference to normal intercooler piping?? And if some one could show from a picture it would help a lot!

Then one another thing... I have apex avc-r and Im considering to buy Japspeed fmic-kit and like to know does it have this "plug" (in picture)

And does it matter if I just get longer tube for that apex avc-r thing to get it on that side of pipings? If you know what I mean... :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
hot pipe is the pipe running directly from your turbo.. you have to buy these as extra for any kit you buy, £45 ontop of the japspeed kit price for this... it not neccesary just blings up your engine bay!

the other question im not following about plug?

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
Sorry :)

In that picture I post that "plug or connector" (i dont know better word) which is in red circle, I drew.
That thin tube/pipe is coming from the boost controller system to that pipe... Maybe I have to wait to the next week when I get my car in my garage and show you guys better pics and explanation

Reaction score
Country
Don't think it does. But I put it in the piece of silicone piping immediately before the hot pipe.