What's new

sr20det head comparision

Reaction score
Country
I'm trying to get some info cleared up. I was sourcing a head for my s15 to use for a build up. I came across a s13 'blacktop' head in decent condition for a decent price. I asked around and was told that the s13 head is compatible to the s15 block so i went ahead and made the purchase.

Now that I have the head, I did a visual comparision and it looks a bit different. Can someone please set the facts straight for me. Greatly appriciated!

Reaction score
the intake side uses a different plenum etc. Infact the S13 head flows better for bigger horsepower...something about straighter ports/runners

but to run it you'll need the intake manifold, plenum, fuel rail etc from an S13

Reaction score
Country
the intake side uses a different plenum etc. Infact the S13 head flows better for bigger horsepower...something about straighter ports/runners

but to run it you'll need the intake manifold, plenum, fuel rail etc from an S13
thanks for the info! am i gonna have any issues with the VVT?

Reaction score
you cant run VCT/NVCS on an S13 head, there is no space for the VCT/NVCS gear to go on the end of the intake camshaft

you need an S14 or S15 head to run VCT/NVCS