What's new

change fuel filter

Reaction score
im doing a full service tomorow:thumbs:
i would like to know is it hard to replace the fuel filter couldnt find a step by step guide on this....

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Look in the user manual it tells you how to do it.

Not a hard job, although I manged to get some petrol on the floor so keep some towel close by :nod:

Good luck

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
just make sure the car has been left off for a while so some of the pressure is relieved from the system and the engine is completely cold.

stuff a rag under the filter, undo the top and bottom hose clips, unclip the filter from the bracket (just pulls off), then pull the top hose off and catch any spilt petrol with the rag (watch out for a little squirt of fuel as it comes off - mind your eyes), then with the rag in your hand pull the bottom hose off and immediately hold the rag on the bottom nozzle while you lift it out of the way. then just plug your new filter on to the hoses, tighten the hose clips, clip it back in the holder, make sure any fuel that was spilt has been wiped up and then turn the key to the on position to prime the fuel system. check for leaks - then you can start it up - check for leaks again and your done.:)

Reaction score
just make sure the car has been left off for a while so some of the pressure is relieved from the system and the engine is completely cold.

stuff a rag under the filter, undo the top and bottom hose clips, unclip the filter from the bracket (just pulls off), then pull the top hose off and catch any spilt petrol with the rag (watch out for a little squirt of fuel as it comes off - mind your eyes), then with the rag in your hand pull the bottom hose off and immediately hold the rag on the bottom nozzle while you lift it out of the way. then just plug your new filter on to the hoses, tighten the hose clips, clip it back in the holder, make sure any fuel that was spilt has been wiped up and then turn the key to the on position to prime the fuel system. check for leaks - then you can start it up - check for leaks again and your done.:)
thanks dean:thumbs:

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
I put a larger Z32 filter on mine. had no issue with hose lengths but PITA to get the hoses off with the pressure

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I put a larger Z32 filter on mine. had no issue with hose lengths but PITA to get the hoses off with the pressure
I went for the Z32 also, but I dont think it makes any difference which one you use.

Reaction score
went all well today very handy to change only problem was trying to pull it out.on different note also a had problems getting pads for my spec s!!but will have them tomorow..