What's new

What are they worth: HKS Hipermax Pro Coilovers?

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
As some of you may know I have to replace the coilovers in my S15 because I couldn't find anywhere to refurbish them. They've been knocking for a while and I've recently discovered it's because the damper on the passenger side rear is fubarred as are the shafts on both of the front coilovers.

They're HKS Hipermax Pro Coilovers - lightweight Coilovers with pillow ball upper mounts; height, damper & camber (at front) adjustable. The spring rates are 10 kgf/mm at the front and 7 kgf/mm at the rear. These are / were (they're no longer in production) the best HKS offered and are worth in excess of €2,000 new; but what are the set I have worth?

I had thought the top mounts and springs would be worth in the region of €300-400, if I got that for them the buyer could have whats left of the set of coilovers for free (1 of which is not damaged and could be worth a large proportion of that amount on its own - drivers side rear).

As you can see from the pics they are still on the car and one of the springs has a spot of rust beneath the top mount.

I have searched but these coilovers are quite rare and I have not seen second hand sets / parts come up for sale before. All help / comments appreciated.

Colin

P.S. I've bought Driftworks CS2's as they're replacement, they should be on before the end of the month so I'm hoping to put the HKS up for sale as soon as I can as funds are very tight at the minute :(

subzero

Reaction score
driftworks are having a group buy at the mo .... may get em slighly cheaper ...

seen a set for sale on dtd , there hks , not sure of the variant , wally sold em , round 650 . you should easily get that i reckon .

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Thanks Johnny;

Wally's set were the cheap HKS ones, nowhere near the spec of mine but they're in need of a refurb so I wouldn't have asked for that sort of money for them...

As for the coilovers; they're sitting in my front room :D the group buy on the SXOC is for the old Apex Gen2's, the CS2's are apparently much better than those...

S

StarletRick

DW are also doing a GB. but its for the CS1 coilys. the 2's are supposed to be better.

let me know how you got on aswell, im probably going to get some cs2s so id like to know how you get on with em.

Reaction score
Country
Have you tried talking to Murray motorsport on the green hills road? They are the official HKS distributors in Ireland.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Thanks Ray. Drift 2 Motorsport are HKS dealers aswell; I was talking to Lorcan at the Prodrift event in Punchestown and he said he'd gotten a few sets of HKS coilovers rebuilt by a company in the UK but spent the following week seeing if he could get the Pro's done and he couldn't because they're no longer in production :annoyed: I'll be on to Murray Motorsport tomorrow for a new filter so I'll see what they can do for me...

Will do Rick, they'll be fitted before the month is out (my mechanics ramp is currently broken :mad: ) and I'll have her out on track on the 20th :)

I've been advised by 2 members on sxoc that they're worth in the region of £200 which works out about €250 and one member said they're worth about £300. So would an asking price of €300 be out of the question?