What's new

S15 6speed to s14 5speed info

B

Baggsyboy

Hello, :)

can any one help,

i have a Nissan s13 Drift car, with a s15 engine with 6 speed gearbox, so far this year i have broke two 6 speed gearbox's, i am now going back to s14 5 speed,

Apart from changing the gearbox what ells do i need to do,

Change clutch or fly?? i have a s15 clutch and fly right now do i change to s14??

any thing ells i got to do?

any help would really be appreciated,

steve.:thumbs:

Reaction score
One of the Aussie guys on hear(Dale) just coverted from 6speed to 5 speed.
This is what he had to change;

* S14 manual gearbox.
* S14 Clutch and flywheel
* 8 x S14 flywheel bolts
* All 11 S14 bellhousing bolts
* 2 x S14 starter motor bolts
* S14 gearbox crossmember
* 1 x spigot bush
* 1 x C's Short Shifter for an S14
* 1 x S14 tailshaft
* 1 x S14 Exhaust hanger/mount
* 1 x S14 gear knob
You might not have to do eveything here as its an S13 but a least it gives you an idea

J

jhinchy

i Just fitted a 6 speed to my 180sx, i had to change the flywheel, as the s15 one is much thicker(and uses longer bolts)
Clutch stayed the same, eventhough people said it wouldnt work.
6 speed gearbox crossmember,
and used a s13 automatic propshaft as the splined end is different.

There was also issues with getting the speedo working etc, but that wouldnt really matter in a drift car.:thumbs:

J

jhinchy

Sorry, i worded that badly. I was refering to Baggsy's drift car.

I fitted it to my roadcar, and i had to get a pulse signal converter from dakota digital to take a signal from the ABS sensor on the rear diff, convert it and send it to the speedo to make it accurate.
The 180sx normally has a speed sensor on the gearbox, but the S15 uses the speed signal from the ABS unit, and doesnt have a place to put a sensor on the box.

I loved the gearing in my old S15, and i picked up a s15 box for handy money, so i said id upgrade. Im not running big power so it suited. I have 3rd/4th/5th are nice and close now :thumbs:

B

Baggsyboy

Thanks for all the help,

i am going to start work tonite, so what i need to do is change my gearbox and flywheel as the s15 one is to big for 5 speed box, then sort a prop out,

Would any one on here want a hks flywheel as i am putting a s14 one in and hope my hks twin plate clutch will work with my 5 speed box, save me going out to buy a new s14 clutch,

J

jhinchy

Why didnt you appear last month when i was searching for a flywheel lol! I got a standard one from a member on here :thumbs: