What's new

Wheel Wobble

Reaction score
I have now had my front wheels balanced twice and at 50/60mph the steering wheel still wobbles like mad but not under or over that speed any ideas. The wheels were balanced off the car not on it as I cant find any1 around here who does balancing on the vehicle. Any help please is much appreciated.:thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
broken hub-rings if you have any of those?
Could also be a bushing which have gone.
Does the car feel planted or more like a snake at higher speeds?

Reaction score
Thanx for that dude the car feels ok at speed just the wobble is quite worrying, bushes were not picked up on the last MOT test which ones would I be looking at specifically?

subzero

Reaction score
mate has the same problem , changed spacers , changed tires , changed tie rod . sorted some bit but still slightly there .

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thanx for that dude the car feels ok at speed just the wobble is quite worrying, bushes were not picked up on the last MOT test which ones would I be looking at specifically?
Not sure. I have no previous experience when it comes to bushings :wack:
I would try to borrow 2 wheels and swap the front ones out temporary. If the problem still exists, you've atleast ruled out the wheels.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ric - I had exactly the same problem with my original wheels from Japan (really nice AVS Model 5's) and it was always making loads of wobble at 70mph. Nothing before or after 70...

For me, it was all down to a buckled front wheel - as much as I've had wheel balancing done many times, a buckle which might not even be visually that obvious can still cause huge problems and no matter how much wheel balancing you do, you just can't get rid of it.

I'm hoping it's not but it's worth going over the wheels as much as you can and see if there's any sort of buckle or slight damage.

The UK potholes are the biggest culprits - arses!!! :wack:

R

R3N

buckled wheels would not balance, and they would tell you.

i have a feeling its to do with the wheel bore of your wheels and the hubs. do you have any hubcentric/hub locating rings?

in the case of after market wheels (except nismos :D) they make the wheel bore size bigger to suit a range of hub sizes, that's what i had with my previous wheels. if thats the case, just measure your inner bore and the hub and get rings to suit

Reaction score
I had this problem on my s14a, turned out to be a siezed piston on one of the brake calipers and an inner tie rod, worth checking

R

R3N

easiest way would be to swap wheels with someone who doesn't have that problem, then you'd know if its the wheels or your car

Reaction score
Cheers guys I will try this as I have a set of wheels in the garage will let you know how I get on :thumbs::thumbs: