What's new

Nismo Coppermix clutch

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
Hi All,

i have fitted a nismo coppermix single plate clutch and im getting so serious vibrations at low revs between 2-3k rpm. my question is is this normal for this clutch or do i have a problem ?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Did it come with a flywheel too?
I've read that people sometimes get vibrations when changing the stock dual mass flywheel to a light single mass one as the stock flywheel is made to reduce vibrations. My S15 had some vibrations in a 1-200rpm range around 3000rpm with a chromeolly ORC flywheel.

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
ya flywheel was changed as well comes in the kit. so its normal for the vibrations then. thats ok just wanted to check that.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
ya flywheel was changed as well comes in the kit. so its normal for the vibrations then. thats ok just wanted to check that.
No idea if it's normal for the nismo kit. I got small vibrations from my ORC kit though in a very small rev range.

Reaction score
Sounds to me like gearbox/driveshaft alignment.

The only noise you get from the Nismo coppermix is on the de acceleration in 3rd and 4th gear,no vibration

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
ok cause when im crusing along at 100kph rev at around 3k when i put the foot down to speed up there is serious vibrations from the car.

Reaction score
how do i check that ?
Check to see if there is excessive movement by moving the drive shaft side to side. There will be some movement, but if its sloppy and the rubber boot looks deteriated than more then likely its worn