What's new

Irish NCT emissions

T

Trepidge

hows things lads, just being to the nct centre yesterday and the car was off on emissions, whats the best way to get them down, I just fitted the standard catalyst converted back thought that would do but yerman recons the emission were way off, do I have to fit the whole old exhaust again including mani and elbo :rolleyes: do em nct pack things you add to the fuel work? Or driving the **** outta the car before you get there?

Reaction score
doesnt really seem way off to be honest, if you get your hands on some injector cleaner or a good octane booster and run the car so its nice and hot then get them to run it im sure it will pass. Post this on the sxoc and see what the lads recommend, sparco on the sxoc works for the nct crowd and im sure is better informed to help

T

Trepidge

just looking at the weight of the car there, thought these cars were supposed to be round 1250kg ish? dont think the fella who tested the car was 140kg :p, im carrying a lot of excess weight somewhere

V

vti_coupw

i could be worng but it could be your lambda senor at fault, is it connected properly? your co2 passed its the lambda that failed, it was the same with my old civic my lambda sensor wasnt connected properly, once it was clipped together properly it was sound,