What's new

very very bad steering vibration

P

Paddy mack

well its been awhile....
I get very bad vibration or shacking from the steering in the car of late. it comes and goes, so not the usual wheel balance stuff this vibration is much worse. feels like a wheel is about to fall of or some thing. some times hard to keep the steering steady can happen at all speeds. I cant see anything out of the ordinary when I look in or around the front wheels.
it runs 18 inch rims
please help its annoying the hellout of me.

S

ssshonky

is the car super-super low or anything? have you taken off the rims and had a look around? what if you swap some different rims and tyres on for a while?
when you say the problem is intermittent how intermittent is it? if you borrowed some known good rims and tyres will that fix it?

P

Paddy mack

yeah its not super low, nsmo shock and springs is all with rota gtr's. put b acl on the standard wheel and its the same,
it comes and goes some time I don't find it at all, the next day it can be from the moment I pull out of the drive way.

G

GUEST_JDM

dumb question but are the wheel nuts losening them selves at all?

P

Paddy mack

nope the wheel nuts are okay, I have checked them first...
so what happens is the steering goes light and vibrates abit, the car kinda weaves abit or at least feels like it is.

S

StarletRick

sounds like a bushing given up somewhere, jack the car up and give the wheels a wobble, if it clunks about something out of sync.

P

Paddy mack

I've treid that too, jack up the car yesterday, shoved each wheel about before removing each one and moving the suspension parts about with pry bars....
I'm very confused, was sure it was bushes figure control arm bushes but they seem sound:annoyed: