What's new

bee r rev limiter help???

J

jonny b

thinking of getting one of these ???whats everyones opinion on them??do i need to get rocker arm stoppers if i get it..thanks in advance

Reaction score
Country
you might need to get a new turbo and engine.
ive only heard bad things about them when fitted to the SR engine.

they work perfectly on evo engines..

I personally would not go for one,

Reaction score
You won't need rocker stoppers unless you start going over the factory limit regularly.

The BeeR limiter cuts ignition, not fuel like regular limiters. It still dumps fuel in,so your'e more than likely blow the cat out,possibly damage the turbo,make a lot of unwanted noise(possibly illegal as well) and generate a bit more heat.
The only good thing is you will be able to come back onto boost quickly especially if your running a bigger laggy turbo

Reaction score
Country
yeah a lot of EVO's used them as a anti lag device to help spool there big turbos up quickly after gear change,

if your still running your standard turbo then you don't need it as the s15 BB turbo have a really good spool up anyway.

J

jonny b

no using a gready aftermarket turbo,,,but do they damage your engine??

subzero

Reaction score
have only ever heard bad things too , i know of 1 evo engine that was fully buiilt with strong internals and it blew that to bits , so no car is safe . sound cool but i wouldnt risk it .

just get a flamer kit if thats what your after and youll get the same thrills.

Reaction score
Country
The danger of not cutting fuel is it still feeding and that unburnt fuel is going to ignite, the problem is you don't know where it's gonna ignite. Any hot spot in the engine or turbo could ignite it, in the wrong place and wrong time can be fatal.