What's new

z 32afm

Reaction score
i want to fit a z32 afm to my silvia but from the pod filter down to the turbo there is no factory afm.A hks f con gold ecu is running the lot,so is there a chance that the ecu is just controlling the air flow?

Last edited:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
If it doesn't have an AFM the ECU probobly runs on map-sensor and you wouldn't need the Z32AFM :)

Reaction score
nice one,where would the map sensor be? at least i dont need to fit the z32afm now neway.

S

StarletRick

most gold fcons use the hks 3 bar map to "see" the boost. you wont need a z32.

have a look about for one in the bay. they are about as big as a box of matches and will be plumbed into the plenum via some vac hosing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
z32afm

if i put in a walbro 255 and 750 injectors the car will need a remap of some sort.whats the story with the fcons,do you just plug into them or something and do you need software?

S

StarletRick

fcons are not the easiest things to get retuned.

the only people with the software have to be HKS certified to show they know their onions.

you can get snidey copes and have it mapped elsewhere. but they are alot more complex than an emanage or something similar.

what power are you running? on an sr i wouldnt even bother with an uprated ecu until im up around the 400s.

remapped stock ecu is good for anything below that imo.

Reaction score
z32afm

its over 300bhp.i have to check yet to make sure the pump isnt actually already uprated.would there be any distinctive markings?