What's new

Blitz installation

Reaction score
Just bought myself a blitz sbc-i-colour boost controller. Just wondering about installing it and internal and external wastegates.
The wiring im not to bothered think i can work that. It’s more the setting up of the relay. Im not hundred percent sure what pipe to T into. In the picture below where i have labelled “air in” is that where i plumb into the IN valve of the dual relay and the OUT is plumbed where i have labelled “actuator”.
Also I was wondering on the blitz cpu there is a piece of tube sticking out that has to be connected to a location where vacuum and boost can be acquired “connect to the surge tank or a location that generates vacuum at throttle off”
So wondering where i connect to, as well i take it that the bltz cpu is installed somewhere inside the car preferable near the cars cpu. Would running a pipe to it not lose its vacuum over that distance?
Finally was wondering about wastegate when setting up the controller it has to be set as (AC) actuator type or (WG) wastegate type and i am unsure which it is. I don’t have a blow off valve fitted but in the picture below i think something has been done with the Out-take pipe.
All help is much appreciated im alright at electrical but only new to the world of turbo`s and the like so still learning thanks all!!!!!!!

Reaction score
sorry about the two same posts was trying to get the photos up but no luck, if you copy and paste the url into another window they can be seen.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
And to answer the questions.

The unit should be set to AC if you're running stock turbo setup. Wastegate is for external wastegates. AC is for internal ones.

As for the boost hoses. I would remove the stock solenoid and plug the holw going to the elephant trunk after the air filter. There should be a hose going from the turbo to the new solenoid and another one to an intercooler pipe.
Don't know which is which on the BLitz solenoid, but it should be clear from the manual.
The third hose from the unit is just to read boost. I teed that into the stock boost hose going to the boost solenoid from the BOV on the drivers side.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ok - I'm no expert but since I've recently posted a similar thread about installing my recent purchase of the Gizzmo MS-IBC boost controller, I can give you basic pointers :)

1. The first pic where you have the 'air in' feed where the tube starts from the intake pipe after the filter needs to be blocked off - not required AFAIK.

2. With the Blitz supplied actuator, you need to get the IN SOLENOID feed instead from anywhere after the compressor side of the turbo - most people will say somewhere along the hotpipe before the intercooler.

3. The OUT SOLENOID where the stock setup runs to the pipe which then T-pieces to the stock actuator and the coldpipe on my car is then replaced with single pipe which goes to the original actuator.

4. Finally, to get the boost reading for the Blitz CPU - all manufacturers seems to suggest taking a feed (using a T-piece) from the pipe that goes from intake to Fuel Pressure Regulator/surge tank. I would take Yako's advice and T-piece this tube into the tube which takes a feed for the stock boost gauge located just above the FPR.

I'm sure some people might correct me on use of jargon/details but think I've got this right lol??!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks lads for the quick reply.
It is a stock turbo but as can be seen in the third photo something has been done with the Out-take pipe. Don’t know will this make any difference do I still set it as (AC) actuator type.
From my understanding of it now I can take the T that’s there out altogether.
As shown in the photo with the red line, comes from my front mount intercooler and I run that to the IN valve of the blitz which I have marked in light blue.
Then where I have pointed to with a green line this goes to the out of the blitz, that pipe is connected to the actuator on the turbo.
Where is marked with the dark blue line going to the elephant trunk after the air filter that gets plugged.
“Quote”
boost reading for the Blitz CPU
( using a T-piece) from the pipe that goes from intake to Fuel Pressure Regulator/surge tank.
Where is that located??? and where did you set up the cpu for your boost controller as running cables into the cabin is one thing but a hose if it gets twisted or kinked isn’t going to give a through reading to the controller.

Where do others run the wires into the cabin is there anywhere handy to get the wires in.??

I know im pretty much just repeating what ye have already told me but just making sure all is right.
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r212/y2kfarrell/boost3.jpg?t=1242677629

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Your image with the pipe fittings is spot on :)

What I'd say is that for the boost reading tube which goes to the Blitz CPU so it can take a direct reading etc, don't be too stuck on what the manufacturers say. I was all for finding the surge tank pipe to intake pipe to tee from but as Yako says, much easier to tee this into the pipe which provides the stock boost sender it's reading.

At the end of the day, it's the same thing - all the CPU requires is an accurate and direct pressure reading for the boost - exactly what the stock or aftermarket boost sender also requires to operate the boost gauge.

You'll find the boost sender as a little black unit hanging off a metal bracket literally against the driver side suspension turret (prob a really bad description lol). There will be a harness clipped into this little black unit (goes to the stock boost gauge) and also a vacuum tube which provides the boost pressure reading. Tee off this pipe and job's a good un!!

No need to worry about pushing vacuum tubes through the opening in the firewall - there's enough room for quite a bit. I'm currently running about 8 wires and a vacuum tube through an opening I found which is on the very top left hand corner of the engine bay as you look at the windscreen from the bumper. You should be able to locate an opening which will lead all wires and tubes to where the fusebox is which is in the driver's footwell :)

I don't have a Blitz but I'm assuming people would have the CPU inside the cabin since your wire going from the CPU to the display unit might not be that long??!!

My Gizzmo boost controller is all-in-one so it's all in the cabin baby :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
No worries mate - I've yet to wire all of mine up... all the cables and piping are in the engine bay taped and zip-tied up lol??!! :D

Reaction score
got mine in yesterday havent fitted it fully yet but piping and cables are all in and have located my power source etc... just going to get an inline fuse for it first just to be o n the safe side no point blowing the blitz cpu after hand over to much money for the thing:censored:
suprised how easy it was to install bit of shouting and roaring trying to feed cables in and about to keep it tidy but all in now, just have to bring power to it and program the unit now.
cheers for the help:thumbs:

D

djmasterg

Hi guys

I recently got mine blitz dual sbc boost controler. I would like to install it into my s15 but:
1. I do not know where to start. I have taken a picture of standard solenoid and all pipes that - I suppose - will be involved in this mod:

2. I have this blitz:

3. Where should I connect pipes from IN and OUT from this blitz black box? I read standard installation guide but probably it is to complicated for me (language issues)?.
4. There is also a teflon pipe which is coming out of this grey device - where should I conect that?
5. After installation - is there any computer setup for engine needed?

I am sorry if I double post - but it would be nice if someone clears all my questions.
Thanks in advance
Greg.

D

djmasterg

Hi

I hate to bring this one on top again - but I really need somebody to help me. Got the blitz cpu in my car, all the pipes and wires from blitz cpu in engine bay. Last thing to do is to connect it. It would be great if anybody could post some pictures - I am still learning english names for engine parts.

Thank you.

D

djmasterg

Well looks like nobody wants to answer to such difficult question, so here I go again:
Found that photo:

Is this one correct?

S.K

Reaction score
Country
Hi
The picture above is correct
The in on the solenoid is connected to the intake pipework after the turbo
The out on the solenoid is connected to the turbo actuator
Then just block of the original pipe that is the air filter side of the turbo like above:thumbs:

Reaction score
what problems ya having with it.
the picture on the first page not explain it? any questions just ask.

D

djmasterg

Hi

I have cracked it, so now I enjoy it as much as I can. Only question is - what is the gain setting for s15. Is it the same as for s14 (manual says to set it on 20), but I think s14 has a smaller turbo charger.

Reaction score
depends on the car, and what kind of power ya want to run, how quick ya want it to spool up etc... will have a look later and see what mines set to cant remember off hand.