What's new

Exedy Hyper single plate clutch and flywheel

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just fitted one of these kits and all I can say is..... AWESOME!! lol its a great bit of kit and keeps a good light feel on the clutch but is still quite harsh in 1st.

When going fast the clutch is fine but when manouvering, like park for instance, the car tends to vibrate alot! I have to rev it really high and even then its not perfect!

I was just wondering if any of you have had experience with this clutch and find this normal or is there something wrong with mine??

Cheers guys!

*Edit - Ive had a read around and the judder seems normal. It should get better as the clutch beds in and i adapt my driving style.. is this true?

Last edited:
M

Matt_S

You shouldnt slip or rush a clutch when new. No launching, no clutch kicking and ideally (if youre running some power) no flat footing.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i think its an awesme clutch too, you do get some vibration through the car but not much. pedal stays nice and soft as you say, and once out of first its superb. you will find that as it beds in you can get away with the odd bit of slipping it if you must, i have to as when its cold i have to reverse off a sloped drive, but you will know about it as it groans when you slip it. its the clutches way of telling you to use it properly lol.

you dont have a nasty vibration when you come off throttle at about 4krpm do you? i have this and am taking it back to jez for him to have a look - i dont think its right.....

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys, and not i dont have any vibration when coming off the throttle.. just sometimes if i dont drive it properly in 1st

Its a great clutch once you get used to it!! :)

Reaction score
I'd be worried about spending this much £££ and not going for the twin plate :confused:

Why does it judder? What does the plate look like (does it have paddles rather than complete circumference?) ;-)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i paid 700 quid at the time, i thought it was a bargain and it doesnt have the 'knackered gearbox' type noises that come with a multi plate. its also very user friendly for a single paddle:nod:

oh, and it only judders if you're lazy with it when slowing down, you have to dip the clutch or take it out of gear, mostly when going over bumps and stuff.....

Reaction score
So it judders just on overrun?

I've just worn out the Exedy ceramic paddle (with the pressed cover).

- It would judder if you slipped it without having a good difference in engine and gearbox rotational speeds (i.e. you needed to rev higher than usual to make it smooth) - thought this may be to do with the dual mass flywheel and the plate springs but if you have the same issues then perhaps not.
- You have to heal and toe on down change otherwise it will judder like a bitch.
- thought going to the full circle type plate would stop these

????

Reaction score
I also paid £700 all in which is almost half what the twin is!

And yeah it is a paddle, I am getting used to it now can drive it with almost no judder now! It just catches you out if your lazy like Deans15 said :)

Reaction score
Do you think its worth twice the money of the organice?

Does the organic come with a lightend fly wheel? I would say this kit is way more than twice as good so deffinatley worth twice as much :thumbs:

Reaction score
Are they still £700 - I need something

Got a pic of the paddle?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
what he said^^
comes with the lightened flywheel, release bearing, clutch, cover and flywheel bolts. i'd say its good value and futureproof tuning wise.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got the Organic and standard flywheel and am very happy with it, @DeanS15 : it would be good to meet out so we could compare the differences?

Do you think its worth twice the money of the organice?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
I've got the Organic and standard flywheel and am very happy with it, @DeanS15 : it would be good to meet out so we could compare the differences?
cool, where abouts are you though? im on the kent coast mate, i have the long haul to jez's on wednesday though and will be there for the day hovering about while he tries to get to the bottom of the vibration problem my cars got.....i went for the hyper because i wasnt sure how much the organic would like 350+ hp through it and similar torque....

M

Matt_S

Dean, you know my thoughts on the singles. OK as long as you dont drive it too much.

And Ill leave it at that :thumbs:

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dean, I assume you'll come nearly right past me at Work on Wednesday.. Assuming you take the M4 to Jez's? What time would you be coming past Slough, J6/7 M4?

cool, where abouts are you though? im on the kent coast mate, i have the long haul to jez's on wednesday though and will be there for the day hovering about while he tries to get to the bottom of the vibration problem my cars got.....i went for the hyper because i wasnt sure how much the organic would like 350+ hp through it and similar torque....

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
:wack:
i would'nt have a clue mate, all i know is i have to get to jez's for 9am, so leaving about 7ish.....