What's new

Gizzmo Boost Controller - HELP!!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
yes you can, i have always had my boost controller and boost gauge fed off of the same source tee'd under the dash :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I didn't haha :wack:

Got around 4 electrical wires and 2 boost vacuums running through the bulkhead... My modified wire coat hanger 'tool' is not as good as it used to be cos the opening is JAM PACKED haha!!!! :D

T

Toby

Haha! Do you guys have a non return valve plumbed inline before the Gizzmoe/boost gauge too?

I'm going to try mounting it up where the std boost gauge goes, it will fit just need a little peie of carbon to tidy it all up!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
non return valve? not heard of that before on a boost hose - i thought normally you get a little useless air filter in the kit with a controller though.... surely a non return valve could be a bit dodgy mate, any boost pressure that goes to the sensor before coming off boost would be trapped in the sensor hose wouldnt it? could play with the readings and solenoid possibly, maybe cause boosting problems? i'm a bit confused on that one......

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You must mean a filter mate? Either way it can't be a NRV or it just wouldn't work!

T

Toby

I see what your saying, but that's how it was before? I thought it was a filter to begin with but it's not, should I have a filter online?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
nah, just another place for a leak to spring from....

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It will work without filters but every EBC I've ever fitted has had in-line filters.

T

Toby

Hmm

Trying to work out what the purpose of this thing was in the 1st place then.

Doesn't look like a filter, and you can only blow one way through it...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Toby - not sure what you mean about this filter or NRV?? I've never seen this with my Gizzmo kit lol... just solenoid, control/display unit plus vacuum pipes are all you should need :)

T

Toby

Well its actually a Nissan Part, pretty sure it was on the hose comming off the intake manifld I've teed off from...

I also noticed today the solinoid makes a "i'm a solinoid making a solinoid noise" when you turn the ignition, its very annoying, is this correct?