What's new

Converting to rear 2 pot brakes

W

WATDA

Hi there, im looking to convert my rear brakes to 2 pot factory mainly because of the drum handbrake for drifting. Was just wondering if the R34 GT-T 2 pots would be suitable with the r34 handbrake cables? Ive read most guys are using the R33 gear. What other bits would i need to convert it. I have R34 5 stud hubs, hand brake cables, 2 pot rears.
Any help would be appreciated
Andrew

Reaction score
Not sure if the R34 hubs will use the S15 axles. I am going to be using the S15 knuckles, with R33 GTsT hubs as I am going to upgrading my diff to the R33 GTsT diff and axles. Same time the rotors and 2pot calipers will be swapped along with the R33 handbrake setup.

M

Matt_S

From memory, the R34s run slightly bigger splines, so you would need the R34 driveshafts (halfshafts) too.
And then youll find that the R34 diff is needed as they have different ouptut shafts. But on the plus side, if you get the right ones, they have the exact same helical diff unit - allbeit with the shorter gearing that the GTTs have (think its 4.1:1 but not 100% sure).
As for handbrake cables - yeh Id say they should be OK :thumbs:
Not 100% on the handbrake/drum internals being a straight swap onto the S body hubs tho. Z32 300ZX are different to the R32/R33. I know that, but not had a looksee at R34 gear.