What's new

tightness torques?

V

vti_coupw

hey lads need your help A.S.A.P one of my mates has to take the head off his sr20 (redtop) its an s13, does anybody hav the tightness torques for re-tightening the head bolts and tensioner? and any other help associated with this job will be greatly appreciated

thanks
dave

Reaction score
post this on the sxoc technical section youll get a reply alot faster. The Blacktop engine is like this:

V

vti_coupw

cheers for that rob any chance that thread on the sxoc can be linked to here?? its just me or my mate arent registered over there

cheers
dave

Reaction score
just remember they're only for standard nissan head studs... not aftermarket like ARP's.

Also, i take it he's using new head studs? I personally would never even think of re-using head studs. :)

W

way2fastforu

hey...im the guy thats takin the head off that vticoupw is on bout...im jus after registerin on here...wat i need to no is the exact final torques for the head bolts is 44nm's the final torque for them??an the torques for the timin chains tensioner??and anythin else i should no bout takin the head off the sr20 like do cams need to come out or anythin??sorry for all the Q's im new ta nissans i had all honda's before this...thanks.

W

way2fastforu

thanks for that link...im jus usin standard head studs so dont need the arp specs...is 44nm the final torque for the head bolts??jus 44nm seems bit low to me.
thanks
dara