What's new

suspension question

Reaction score
Just wondering, if you have base height adjustable coilovers and adjustable rear camber arms and you adjust the height lower on the rear of the car, does this still affect the camber angle or does it remain unchanged?

i wanted to go get a whiteline set up done on my car to change from touring to sport, then after drop the ride height some more as the added rear camber would help with this, but dont want to then lower it and add more camber at the same time.......

any ideas?? :D

Reaction score
yes, lowering the base of the coilovers will change camber angle.

by changing this and not the spring perches to adjust the height, you're changing the height, but not the pre-loadings on the springs.

:)

so, lower it first, then take it to get it aligned! they always say, when ever you're changing suspension geometery, you should have the car aligned! :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
tell me about it lol... my rears are not even as low as most others and it's now at 2.5 deg neg camber!!!

Haven't got arms for the rears just yet so some tyre shredding till I do :wack:

Reaction score
Country
^^ -2.5 is not as bad as you think

When my car was dumped, estimate was around -4 to -5 at the rear, and i ran this for about about 5 months, more wear on the inside but not very significantly

M

Matt_S

As a rule of thumb, lowering the rear of the car will make it camber in and toe in.