What's new

Removing GT wing?

S

ssshonky

Hello all - I would like to say that yes I did try and search on this topic but didnt find anything specifically discussing rear wing removal.
( ps I am a new starter on this forum! )

I have an s15 Spec R GT and the wing really causes a blindspot in the rear, so I was going to remove it.

I have removed the 2 nuts under each segment of the wing , and I see its held down there by double sided tape, but it feels as if there might be some clips holding it down ? I am getting definate resistance removing the wing and it does not feel like its only the tape holding it on. I am wondering if there is a sneaky clip I need to release.

Also anyone got suggestions on where to buy the grommets to seal up the holes afterwards? I can source some from a local automotive electrics store but want a particular " profile " of the grommet .

ie nice smooth bump instead of a more raised profile.

if I missed another thread on this I am sorry and can someone direct me to it please?

S

ssshonky

nobody? A mate showed me some clips his s14 wing was held on by so I presume its the same on the s15 - so I am going to try that this weekend