What's new

Walbro Fuel Pumps...

Reaction score
Hey,

Just a question to the guys that have these fitted.....

How noisy are they haha.. i went in a s14 earlier which was said to have a walbro and the wine outside the car was pretty loud and very noticeable...

You could hear it on idle in the car also?? is this just they way they are? i was about to order one but now am a little unsure.....

Any thoughts please???

Cheers

Ian :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
a buddy of mine has a walbro installed in his skyline gtr, and it's definately noticable. At idle you can hear a faint whine, but as soon as he gives it gas, it's pretty loud, doesn't sound bad though, in my opinion. it might be just me, but i think it kinda resembles the sound of a small supercharger...

R

R3N

i have a walbro... you can hear it prime on startup, whine isn't much. my exhaust drowns it out anyway. compared to a bosch it is quiet

M

Matt_S

is the gtr pump as good as the walbro ?? only most of my mates are goin for them over the 225 pump ??:)
GTRs are even noisier. THe only reason you dont hear them on the GTRs is that the GTRs have a two stage voltage for the pump - once you need the extra fuel, the voltage goes up and they make more noise. But like I say, youre too busy with the horizon hauling itself towards you to notice

:)

M

Matt_S

YOu only really normally hear them prime. Once theyre running you dont notice it.

Reaction score
YOu only really normally hear them prime. Once theyre running you dont notice it.
really?? awesome.. so maybe his is buggered... i did notice that he was low on fuel.. would that make a difference?? i should probably stop being a girl about it and just order it lol :D

M

Matt_S

Mate, you hear the pump on ANY car over 10 years old when youre low on fuel :wack:

Youre right - quite being gay :p

Reaction score
Was going to start my own trend but its along the same principle.
Went off bought myself a brand new walbro fuel pump as i shall be soon getting a remap.
Started taking apart my tank/cap thingy to get started had noticed marks on the cap which looked like someone else had it off. Also broke one of the plugs for the fuel/line which pissed me right off.:mad: Hardly touched it and it snapped (Out with the bottle of loctite) Anyhow pulled out the fuel pump and low and behold it was already a walbro with a code of GSS-341 (22505-1) and the one i bought was GSS-341 (20608-2) so must be the same. Anyhow got it all back together and its running fine after all that.
Anyhow one for sale should anyone be interested.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2637/pump2.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1820/pump1.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6168/pump.jpg