What's new

how to remove the seat off s15 and..

Reaction score
hi guys..Im new here
firstly, Im wondering how to remove the factory s15 rails off the s15 seat?
and
secondly because I have an aftermarket Recaro SR3 seat ready to be put in.
the problem is the recaro seat comes with some random seat rails and bracket which does not fit into s15 so Im just wonder how to remove this rail off the seat? I cant find any nuts for unbolt the rail..:eek:

here is the pic off the seat
[/IMG]

Thanks for all your answers
Oh

G

gunner93

Hi Oh, I'm curious whats the weight of the factory seats since its out of your car?
Thanks.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I think they could be riveted. I pulled my seats out of my old car for a different reason and found that I couldn't take the rails off as they had rivets through them. These seats look the same as that.

Reaction score
what the..are you serious that the seat could possibly be riveted?
I may take it to the workshop and ask them...

I havent take out the factory seat just yet so im not sure how heavy the seat would be..will inform you later after I take it out bro
^^

Reaction score
If you have a new recaro seat and a the recaro rails for the S15... why do you need to remove the rails off the standard S15 seat? Surely its irrelevant... Confused.com

Reaction score
If you have a new recaro seat and a the recaro rails for the S15... why do you need to remove the rails off the standard S15 seat? Surely its irrelevant... Confused.com
I may not make this clear..sorry haha
the problem i have is that the recaro seat which I would like to put into s15 it has a random rails and bracket which does not fit my s15( the one in the picture), it needs to be remove which I don't know how lol..so I can get my recaro rail ( for s15 ) mount onto the seat and put it into my silvia..

Hope that makes it clearer??
sorry my English is bad :eek:

Reaction score
ahhhhh right, you need to remove the rails from the recaro seat not from the standard S15 seat? Got ya! In which case I'd have thought it'd be easy enough to drill the rivets and pop them out, probably your best bet :)

M

Matt_S

Its a pain in the ass mate. The rails are lop sided, as the inner mounts are higher than the outer ones.
Best off buying the rail for the seat and the car from Recaro.