Strange engine problem

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Could be the ECU going into limp mode. Why it would do that is another question. I've only experienced it once when I blew a IC pipe off, But you would surely notice that as you'll have no idle and the car will run very badly.

Anyone know if a dodgy AFM would cause this?

What boost to you get? Maybe a boost line is connected wrong making the turbo spool to much and into the fuel-cut zone?

Edit: you could try unplugging the AFM. If there is no change regarding how the engine runs, that might be your problem.

D

daniel83

I think I have fixed the problem. Just filled her up with some new gasoline. I have after that never experienced the problem again. But this time I got a little missfire when I was reving in second gear. I called the company that I bought the car from and telled them about the "new" problem instead. He said that I should try with NGK BCPR8ES. I´m now running with BCPR7ES.
I also looked at the boost when I was running in third and fourth gear. It looked like it it peaked at about 0.82bar.

What do you guys think about putting in BCPR8ES in the car?

M

Matt_S

LOL< you dont need 8s til you go over 350bhp mate. THe guys a fool for sure! (assuming youre not running a turbo the size of a house obviously :wack: :D )

D

daniel83

:D:D
Well the problem did come back anyway. I think I´m going too try 6ES instead. Called a friend and he said that 6ES would be a mutch better try.

M

Matt_S

6s are a std plug and good for 300bhp+, so yeh if thats what your spec is equating too and assuming its all running tippety top, go for it :thumbs:

D

daniel83

Alright. I´m runing 7ES now. Then I will go shop some 6ES tomorrow.

What gap should I have on the spark plugs??

Last edited:
F

FRONTYARD

was it a fuel cut in the end, if so get your self an aftermarket or an afm controller, do you have an uprated fuel pump?

D

daniel83

was it a fuel cut in the end, if so get your self an aftermarket or an afm controller, do you have an uprated fuel pump?

i don´t know what it is yet. But a local 200sx expert are going too look at it on saturday.
As i have described too him. He said that it dosen´t sound like fuel cut.

I have an uprated fuel pump laying around waiting too get inside the tank. But it will get installed after that we have located the problem.

D

daniel83

Time for an update.
We have cleaned the O2 sensor and the problem did come back.
We have also change a hose that the company installed. They did take vaccum from the fuel plenium. And we restored it back too as it should be. but the problem is still there.
Going too reset the ECU too see if that works. If not I´m going too put in the other fuel pump that i have.

Also. The problem occurs only sometimes. it´s hard too be specific too when the problem comes.

**Late update.
i´m going too buy a new batteri for the car because the one I have is bad. So I hope that this will solve the problem.

Last edited:
D

daniel83

Alright!
Time for the next test. If it´s the problem I think. Then a company in the UK are going too get a refund on my elbow.
We have come too the conclusion that it´s the turbo gasket that´s leaking. Going too replace the elbow tomorrow back too original.