Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked

boost controller and cusco catch tank...

I am looking to get one in the next day or two b4 i leave hong kong for uk and wanna know what ppl think of the greedy PROFEC B SPEC II???
    and the oil catch tank are they universal or made for each car???

Derek Guest
    Greddy boost controller are supposed to be good. but saying that i've sbc id3 and probally would prefer avcr. I think its all the one what boost controller you have once they work.

Oil catch tanks come in univeral and specifically for cars, Cusco make one for the S15 and its a doodle to fit..

Liked
    Greddy Profec B is best for its money. Its cheap as well compare to the Apexi, HKS and Blitz. I use it on my S15 and my FD too. Very highly recommended

S15R Guest
    get sbc id3

if you have alarm intalled at the driver side corner then dont get the kit just buy an universal kit

Liked
    As always when we talk about boost controllers, I will just remind the Euro JDM owners that your S15 requires an ECU remap if you are raising the boost anything over 0.8 bar. That's when det will start...

Liked
    How can you tell if the car is Detting? I know the if you have a POwer FC then, engine light flashes. But what if I am running on standard ECU.

Liked
    You may hear it, though not recognize it. It can be pinking, crackling, a rattle... A Knock Link is the most convenient warning you can have without having a knock reading incorporated into something (like a PFC). You can get an A/F meter, but these need to have a wideband lambda sensor plumbed into the exhaust. Using the standard lambda achieves nothing. The meter will only give an A/F reading though. It won't tell you if det is actually occurring. The best method is to have a a set of det headphones which are used to listen to sound at the block. Jez uses these for mapping. Not very practical for everyday driving though...

Take my word for it though. If you are running the standard JDM map, which is setup with more advanced ignition and fuelling for 101 RON fuel, running 97/98 RON and high boost won't go. The JDM map is leaned off mid range. This is where det will occur.

When I got my Emanage mapped on the S15 for the first time by Jez, he confirmed that det was occurring at 0.8/0.9 bar on the standard map and running Optimax.

Liked
    Another vote for Greddy here

I have one, doddle to fit (as most boost controllers would be) and easy to setup, although getting the settings just rights takes a bit of time, unless you knwo what your doing

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicely
    You may hear it, though not recognize it. It can be pinking, crackling, a rattle... A Knock Link is the most convenient warning you can have without having a knock reading incorporated into something (like a PFC). You can get an A/F meter, but these need to have a wideband lambda sensor plumbed into the exhaust. Using the standard lambda achieves nothing. The meter will only give an A/F reading though. It won't tell you if det is actually occurring. The best method is to have a a set of det headphones which are used to listen to sound at the block. Jez uses these for mapping. Not very practical for everyday driving though...

Take my word for it though. If you are running the standard JDM map, which is setup with more advanced ignition and fuelling for 101 RON fuel, running 97/98 RON and high boost won't go. The JDM map is leaned off mid range. This is where det will occur.

When I got my Emanage mapped on the S15 for the first time by Jez, he confirmed that det was occurring at 0.8/0.9 bar on the standard map and running Optimax.
    Thanks for that, I will keep it in mind.

So will you say for sure that if I keep the boost around 0.75 bar then it will be ok. Or should I get some tuners to check it out for me, coz I dont want to blow my enigne

Liked
    Every engine is different, so I can't guarantee it. However, I'd say that level is going to be OK.